Nektar Pacer MIDI foot controller w/ OctaTrack preset

Ok @PeterHanes @AndreN @justin3am nektar support got back to me stating that the pacer does NOT generate midi clock start:stop/system real-time messages and thus cannot directly control the rytm start:stop. Bummer! Logidy seems to be the only one then…

So now to find a cheap and functional midi host!

Sam

My apologies: I read the initial post in this topic and assumed it could. Thanks for checking with the manufacturer.

No prob @PeterHanes It really seemed it would work. And after some back and forth clarification with their support I still had a very small doubt about the info he gave. I assume he knows better but every once in awhile those support guys know less haha

I ordered the logidy umi3 last night.

Sam

I apologize for resurrecting such an old thread but does anyone know if the pacer will work with the model:samples to send start/stop and pattern select messages?

@Blackhawkamps yo! It will NOT send start:stop…i asked a few months ago and heres an email response from their tech support:

“> you can’t send start stop continue from Pacer, but if you enable MIDI clock in a DAW and transmit to Elektron, the start, stop and continue messages will be transmitted that way.

So Pacer can not start/stop Elektron’s transport directly.“

1 Like

Well, while it’s not the answer I had hoped for, I appreciate the quick response!

Have you found any other foot controller that can? This seems to be a a pretty flaw with elektron gear for my needs.
I’m not a traditional electronic musician where I’m tweaking knobs and pushing buttons. I just want to play guitar along to a drum machine and I’ve already got my hands full :rofl:

So for those looking for something simple to just assign to two parameters with system real-time messages (start/stop and record for instance): this little guy can do that!

Personally I want something that can also change patterns, but, this will definitely work for SRTMs.

3 Likes