Neil Landstrumm Live Set: Dark Trinity

14 Likes

Great stuff!

Respect

Da man

1 Like

Bedrooms and cities :black_heart:

1 Like

Love Landstrumm, really enjoyed this. If you like it you might also appreciate this (2x OT):

4 Likes

Enjoyed both sets! :thup:

Interesting to see (hear) the Uno Synth btw!

I´m wondering why he plugged into the mono channels on the Zed… :thinking:

Banging set. Particularly love the half time section in the middle.

Anyone got an idea of what the numbers he put next to each song name refer to?

Program changes for A4/UNO synth patches maybe?

Don’t think it’s pattern numbers obviously given Elektron pattern naming conventions…

I think he is using OT as a DJ player. There are songs played back with static machines. He is picking up the next song scrolling in the sample list. Maybe the paper is just the order of the set and the associated number is sample slot number for quick scrolling and finding the sample.
For example “Fisherman 52” - is the song with the vocal about a fisherman.
It is a good set although not much live tweaking (no fader tricks, live sound process, finger drumming, etc.) happening.

2 Likes

…ya, cool…

don’t wanna be picky…but it’s the dark trinity he’s rockin’ there… :wink:

2 Likes

I think he has backing tracks in his OT, (he sometimes tweaks the eq and fx sends on the Zed, so it’s easy to hear what’s coming from OT), drums are coming from AR and also A4 and Uno Synth are running.

No idea what the numbers refer to, though.

1 Like

So in the way of explanation for a noob: what sounds is the Uno making in this mix, and why has he chosen it to go with much more sophisticated hardware (including an A4)? Thanks.

Maybe the numbers indeed refer to sample slots on the OT. It would make sense.

As for the Uno Synth, you´d have to ask him, but it´s always nice to have a simple synth on stage in case something goes wrong. The Uno Synth seems to be running the whole time and it seems that it plays the same pattern the whole time, the knobs don´t seem to change either, so no idea what role it actually plays.

1 Like

:grin: Amended! My mistake as I was too excited!

2 Likes