Need help with midi footswitch setup

Hey folks, I’m preparing for a tour in April, and realised I need to be able to trigger my Rytm MKII with my feet while playing guitar. Hopefully I can at least start/stop a beat, press fill, and change pattern. The Rytm MKII will not only act as a drum machine, but also playing back some synth samples.

I just got myself a Soleman which has been mentioned many times in this forum, but I have absolutely no idea what to do next!!! I’m a super noob in this, please help, panicking…

1. You can’t start / stop the Rytm externally without also providing it a MIDI clock signal
  2. You can’t control fill mode externally
  3. You can change patterns with program changes

ooh god, what should I do…

Rytm will respond to transport without clock if receive transport is checked and receive clock not checked. Sometimes if receive clock is checked and the tempo lock symbol is showing, when you uncheck receive clock make sure the lock symbol goes away, sometimes it lingers. When it disappears it works…

-AR MKI last OS before dual vco update.

1 Like

Hrrm, you sure?

Last time I tried it didn’t matter if receive clock was checked or not. I might be wrong though.

I tried to upload a video for proof but it was too big…
But yes, just tested multiple times, 111% sure… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just have to wait for the tempo lock symbol to disappear after unchecking recieve clock, takes almost 10 seconds and will go away…

1 Like

Weird, I’ll have to retest this week. I can finally add transport control to Collider if true.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think I’m in serious trouble, I have no idea what you guys are talking about…

I guess we’re kinda doing some preliminary troubleshooting for your situation, your going to want to send “transport” from your pedal for stating/stopping and we want to make sure you’ll be able to do that without also sending a midi clock signal… Still haven’t gotten to the actually helping you part yet… Haha… Hang tight, someone will sort you out…

Okay but judging by the tone of the responses, it’s a good thing? lol

Can someone give me a pointer here please? I have a MK1 Rytm and a Soleman midi footswitch. I want to be able to stop and start the rytm and also Increment/decrement the pattern, ideally on the soleman button 1 inc, 2 dec. 3 start, 4 stop. Once I set up the Rytm to receive Transport changes on channel 10 I got very close but at the moment. In Panel mode I can stop/start and by sending a PC with a specific on data value (1-127) I can “toggle” between patterns. In Scene mode I can increment but not stop / start. Can someone give me guidance on how to make either mode do stop/start AND INC/Dec in any mode. Many thanks.

Is this mode on Soleman? More precisions needed if so.
Clock / Transport don’t have midi channel setting. Program Changes do.

Hi sezare56. Thanks for your reply. Can I have a bit more detail please.

I don’t have a Soleman so take the following advice with a pinch of salt.

You cannot do all that you want in Scene mode. You might be able to use the editing software to, for example, have switch 1 control increment of pattern and switch 2 control transport by creating a “macro” and typing in the MIDI transport message code for the “Macro On” and “Macro Off” messages.

In Panel mode, if increment and decrement functions are not available in a single Panel, you should be able to program each of the 64 Panels with your favourite AR pattern numbers and then select from the 64 panels in order to select an AR pattern. An additional external footswitch would give you increment and/or decrement of panel number (and therefore AR pattern) with a single press.

Note also that forum member @Megageoff was in a similar situation to you:

and was promised a firmware update by Source Audio. If this has not been implemented, you might try asking Source Audio for help.

1 Like