Need help in selecting the first Elektron device

So I’ve finally got it a couple days ago and was mostly doing just this. Man this thing is fun :slight_smile: So immediate and intuitive (at least compared to the more menu-divey gear I’ve tried). I had zero issues jumping straight into it, building loops and mangling samples. I haven’t felt like this with 95% of my gear purchases, so I’m definitely glad to have taken the plunge :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Incidentally, I’ve stumbled upon a Digitone video and I think now I understand what the fuss was about, so putting it on my list too, but need to read up on it better first (it sounds just amazing though). And definitely not until I’m fully comfortable with the Elektron workflow (yet to break out of the single loops).

6 Likes

That’s how they getcha!

But glad you’re having fun, yo! Be sure to post your stuff in the “Sounds comin’ out of your gear” thread! Love to hear what you’re manglin’!

1 Like

I recommend Syntakt. It’s sort of the Swiss Army knife of the bunch minus samples/sampling. It sounds good, has a better effects interface, has good machines (think internal plug-in instruments), will probably have its features greatly expanded over the next several years if it’s predecessors are any indication, and is more than capable of sculpting entire electronic music tracks.