Need Help Connecting CBA Blooper To Digitakt

I’ve searched around here and elsewhere around the internet, and I haven’t found a reason why my Digitakt isn’t controlling my Blooper via MIDI. Any help would be much appreciated!

The Digitakt is connected from MIDI Out to a CBA Midibox, then to the Blooper using a CBA-specific cable (this one). The DT is set to MIDI channel 2 (the default channel for Blooper), and I’ve set a value controller to CC# 18 to control the stability. When I enable the value controller and turned the value all the way up, nothing changes. It’s also worth mentioning that sync is enabled in the DT menu.

Hopefully that’s a reasonably clear explanation of my setup. Any ideas what I’m missing here?

I can’t see what’s special/different about that cable, but have you tried a standard TRS cable? When I had the blooper / mood / brothers and the CB midi box, that’s all I used.

2 Likes

Agreed, I think it’s the cable. The description for the cable says it’s for a DMC Gen3 Series “MultiJack.” The CBA Midibox has regular TRS outputs.

1 Like

Good call, that helped me work this out. The Midibox doesn’t transmit on the tip by default, had to switch an internal jumper. I assumed it was plug-and-play with this cable. Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s great!

If you have the CBA midi box, you don’t need a specific cable. Just a regular TRS