Namm 2022

I see ASM will be there ! It’s just across town for Glen, so an easy commute. Could this be the show for a “new and not Hydrasynth” ? Let’s hope !

( Though i think their unveils have always been at Knobcon, which is September 9 - 11 this year. )

1 Like

I’d love to see their take on a sampler, given their obvious link to Elektron heritage via Daniel :yum:

4 Likes

And the MPC via Glen.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to see some updates from Korg on things like the drumlogue.

Also would be cool if Moog has something new.

What a marriage of ideas that could be!

3 Likes

I worked at Frankfurt Musikmesse once. Had an absolutely amazing experience.

The first image in this link is one I took of the people I was with.

1 Like

Especially considering how long that new-not-Hydrasynth product would have been in development.

BTW : Medeli also has technology that could be worked in to that product too.

Well, I do am a guitar player that also likes synth stuff and really a sampler jazz bossa head. So as you say, might as well enjoy the ride :slight_smile:
Thanks for the advice about the restrooms and emergency exits. safety first!

1 Like

What interests me as well is all the conferences and talks they provide.
I think my daily schedule will go more through what can i take from these talks other than the noisy place it might be.
Will still be cool to try a bunch of gear out that I just see online or on youtube reviews.

I’m a guitarist and I used to get free tickets to a guitar show and I still thought it was awful :rofl:

1 Like

I’m interested to see if Two Rock will release the Filmosound-inspired amp they were rumoured to be working on. Would also like to see some better sounding alternatives to the Boss Waza and Fender Mustang Micro.

There were some great releases at Namm 2019. Not just for guitars

Yes. Anaheim NAMM as a guest of Stick Enterprises.

I had a good time, whether it was laughing at stuff that later ended up on the iconic NAMM Oddities website, or just hanging with peeps. It was cool to meet Ned Steinberger and his crew at the NS Design booth.

Clavia had DJs jamming on their Nord products, but were rudely interrupted by some guitarist playing cliched fusion licks with Axon MIDI controller and synth(s). Clavia’s Nord synths were the only interesting synth stuff at the time - back then, the major synth companies had nothing to offer other than yet another batch of romplers. Doepfer was just getting started, so no Eurorack explosion yet.

1 Like

I got a comp pass from a friend of a friend. I will be attending Friday, June 3 in the afternoon and evening. The last and only time I ever visited NAMM, I only had about an hour to hustle through the main hall, but that was enough time to leave me wondering if I had a mild form of epilepsy. Talk about over-stimulating!

Sorry to hear that booths are so expensive. It would be more fair, I think, if vendors paid a price commensurate with their market share.

Not Clavia anymore?

They used to be listed in NAMM under that name

NORD is listed as an exhibitor Clavia is not. The designation is up to them i would suppose.

DISCLAIMER

Reference to any product, recording, event, process, publication, service, or offering of any third party by name, trade name, trademark or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply the endorsement or recommendation of such by Clavia Digital Musical Instruments AB.

Clavia Digital Musical Instruments AB distributors are independent contractors and are not agents of Clavia Digital Musical Instruments AB. Clavia Digital Musical Instruments AB does not have responsibility for the contents, availability, operation or performance of websites of Clavia Digital Musical Instruments AB distributors, or any other websites to which this website may be linked to or from which this website may be accessed. Clavia Digital Musical Instruments AB does not author, edit or monitor these links or websites

Bit of a minefield of a disclaimer on the Nord site.

1 Like

Roland giving both Superbooth and NAMM a skip?

1 Like

Teenage Engineering going to be present?

Maybe they will release the next controversial Field device (duck and cover :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Depends on what you mean.

Roland is at NAMM – listed locations :
Roland – 10702
Roland Corporation Meeting Room – 81
Roland Sales Office – 118

What do you mean exactly by giving a skip ?

ADDED : While i was looking, the next listing :
ROLI Private Meeting Room – 1A

1 Like