NAMM 2020 : Actual News/Releases

Here ya go. Looks like they’re on Level 1 - blue dot, bottom/middle

4 Likes

Oh nice, rite there next to the main entrance.
Might not even need a badge, just peek through the glass window and then be on with your day haha.

2 Likes

They’re in a prime location to drop something fire

2 Likes

Feels like NAMM 2019 just finished. Oh boy…

9 Likes

Quick refractory period!

2 Likes

167 posts were split to a new topic: NAMM 2020 Rumors and Speculation Thread

Yamaha is making a super big deal of their presence at NAMM this year.

First of all they put this giant count down on their web-site:

And then there’s this article talking about the 75 new products that they, Yamaha, will announce at NAMM.

Now granted that NAMM is a complete show, covering all sorts of musical products and so part of what Yamaha is up to are things like woodwind instruments and pianos, but there are electronic products too. Yamaha recently paid for a whole group of influencers to fly to and stay in Japan, include Nick Batt and Tori Letzler, which had to cost a fortune – so they have got to be cooking up some new things.

8 Likes

I have a feeling It’s going to be a very fierce NAMM this time. Behringer has created much stir, and now the big og veterans (Korg, Yamaha, Roland) have been awakened from their complacency. This will be great for us consumers.

8 Likes

Did you notice their floor space on the NAMM map?
Can’t compare it too previous years but it seems like they stepped it up.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a new HS studio monitor line.
Those were like the industry standard for flat studio monitors at a budget/affordable price point.

1 Like

Yeah Yamaha is being lavish this year for sure. They sure have deep pockets, and so this all might be only that they wanted too, but i do expect to see some interesting things from them.

As for Behringer – this is a big year for them no doubt. Their electronic product book, is like 1000% thicker this year compared to last year. But like last year they’re not in the main NAMM show. (They’re not listed as an exhibitor. There are 2211 exhibitors listed so far.) Last year Behringer did stuff off site so maybe that’s the same this year.

ADDED: For Yamaha this is in the “i want it, though i don’t necessarily expect it” category – how about a MODX desktop for under $1000? Hmmm – Influencers Cuckoo and BoBeats did MODX videos fairly recently, is there something brewing (other than another mug of coffee for Bo)!?

1 Like

I hope they bring Dan :slight_smile:

Savory steak sauce sound

1 Like

75 new products …

1 Like

Cargo freighter that carry Container filled with synths. E.g. Korg … whatever.

Moog Subsequent 25 got leaked.

2 Likes

Squarp’s got something new coming, they call the Rampler. A brief post on their Instagram indicates it’s pretty close.

2 Likes

There’s already a very long thread dedicated to what we’d like to see Elektron do next… What gear would you like to see elektron do next?

I was under the impression from the OP that this thread for new product announcements. That would hardly be useful if one has to scroll through endless wish-lists.

21 Likes

Let’s keep this thread for actual announcements. I’ve created a new thread for NAMM rumors and speculation:

11 Likes

See my post following yours. I’m not flagging, just moving to a dedicated thread for the sake of tidiness.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: NAMM 2020 Rumors, Wishes, and Speculation Thread