NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

No :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

5 Likes

I’ll tell you what: “Hey guyz, let’s slap some of that shitty green on the 404sx and call it the 404a! There, a new sampler!”

4 Likes

Sounds like a very roland decision. Or maybe they’ll duct tape together two of those ridiculous mini-spd sampling pads and paint it green and call it a sample workstation.

3 Likes

I was so disappointed by the announcement of the 404a… what were they thinking, seriously ?

2 Likes

Then have both!

I think they should do a standalone of the MPC Studio black for less than the Live. That would be great. I don’t need a touch screen or anything like that; the man’s wants buttons and knobs only!

1 Like

You mean the MV8800?

I’d love a MV9900 but way more compact, with OLED display and SD card support. I liked it better than any MPC that time. And dual MIDI OUT, SONG MODE etc… was huge for synth setups as “Brain”. Really a nice piece of kit. A revamp would be epic

No. I had an 8800 and it was pretty ahead of its time. Too bad I’m an MPC guy so I went MPC4000 instead.

I was referring to a few NAMMs ago. Maybe 2015? There was a very repeated rumor of a Roland hardware sampler that would read all formats, have great filters and be extremely expandable.

Never came to be. Too bad. I loved my W30 way back when.

That’s exactly what I want from them, I think a lot of people prefer tactile buttons over touch screens. It may be another 5+ years but maybe in the future!

i think with the digitakt sort of being an octatrack light with the 8 track sample engine the one thing missing that is often criticized on the OT are the pickup machines/live looping features.

I think something to compete with the boss/electro harmonix etc. loopers in the digi box format would make a lot of sense paired with some of the newer ideas found in make noise morphagene and other granular loopers.

Icing on the cake would be the OT cross fader making a reappearance on this box.

The bare minimum for me would be:
-4 inputs/4outputs would be nice but for the lack of space on the back of the digi boxes i think realistically we can expect 2 in 2 out.
-headphone input with cue ability
-faders or per track encoders to control amp levels on multiple tracks simultaneously without requiring an external midi device

As much as i would love a full sized elektron device with way more inputs and outputs i think this is far more realistic for where Elektron has been headed.

4 Likes

It’s more like a Rytm lite + midi

1 Like

Im also anti touch screens for music, they only belong in Tinder and Fruit ninja

5 Likes

Waldorf - Release a groove box
Elektron - Wavetable synth with keys
Roland - MC 303 mkii with ACB
Sequential - Make a stereo sampler
Korg - 2 new volcas (already leaked)
Yamaha - RM2x and it’s better than the RM1x
Moog - Grandmother now in business colors
Arturia - Hardware version of Pigment
Empress - have Zoia finished
TE - Anounce a multitrack recorder
Sony - Walkman returns with saturation knob

15 Likes

Word an ACB Groovebox would be gold
Group of drum tracks plus synth parts, dang

1 Like

While we’re at it, Yamaha return to the SU series
With FMX engine built in

3 Likes

I wonder if anyone will ever release a modern tape multitrack. There seems to be a lot of love for tape recently.

2 Likes

hmm without individual outs, the compressor/overdrive, or the main component of the rytm - the analog drum voices & analog filters, 12 tracks of sequencing, pads etc. i think it’s closer to an OT :slight_smile: But from a sample playback perspective there is definite overlap between the digitakt and mk2 rytm (mk1 cannot sample)

1 Like

Sounds like a Yamaha A3000/4000/5000

Yeah they seriously could’ve made at least SOME improvements to it. But then again, the SX popularity is ever growing even with it’s limits so they probably wanted to draw the same crowd while actually pulling in money from it. Hell, I got an A for less than used SX’s were at the time; that’s the only reason I have one.

Or a mouse and keyboard. I can edit samples faster on soundforge with a mouse + keyboard than any other interface.