NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

I was curious what happened with this thing. A lot of buzz a while ago has dissipated. If it’s still being worked on, then hopefully they lean back on their purely hardware ideals and include a USB port and software editor

2 Likes

Hey Kari – I think you are right that Waldorf will put it’s sound stamp onto the Kyra. The originator, Manuel Caballero, was pretty clear about the FPGA synth technology that he developed being capable of a wide range of different function. 80’s disco (or whatever that was) has probably seen it’s day.

Ryan, I asked about the Zoia too [HERE] and if you follow the bouncing links you can get some idea. Basically it’s on the way, and most probably will be at Namm – pretty much in the same form as we saw earlier – only this time ready to ship. (Contrary to one of my ‘far out’ predictions.)

1 Like

The fact that Waldorf is now involved in the development makes the Kyra even more exciting! I’m sure Waldorf will fine tune the whole project and hopefully add a few unique extras in the engine. I’m pretty sure Axel Hartmann will do a complete redesign to make it look less like a Virus and more autonomous.
I‘m also interested in the key version. If they release a Virus Darkstar/Polar like Kyra model i probably can’t resist buying one.

2 Likes

Was wondering that myself – so that’s your prediction Kari. I love his designs, he makes stuff for music makers.

Shoot. Pass

1 Like

More AR/ VR junk , trotted out by someone who’s spent a few days using unity / unreal.
Overbridge - I don’t think it’ll be ready , perhaps it’ll just be demo’d on digitakt.
Behringer - launching gear that we’ve been reading about during 2018
Roland - the finial set of boutique boxes
Opz modules and more examples of unity animations that people think are generated on opz.
nord - another sample set / organ
Korg - wavelogue .
Peak eurorack , gold plated cases with WiFi lights , machine learning . AI equipped bullish… random blips infused by the rings of undiscovered nebula in another dimension.
Endless remakes of guitars from 100’s of years ago , black T-shirt’s , guitar solos , pedals , yawn…

7 Likes

So re5et, what’s your vision of a Wavelogue? I get some idea from the name but i’d love to hear more detail on your prediction on what it would be.

As for guitars, Fender fairly recently released the Meteora which has caught my attention. Slightly retro but in a modern sort of way.

Fender%20Meteora_

5 Likes

What I want is a Nord 5 with advanced wavetable synthesis with typical awesome Nord FM and filters. Physical modelling engine onboard.

4 Likes

And with good key action and after touch. I’ll kindly pay the premium

I better have money stashed for it just in case

2 Likes

My wallet really doesn’t want that to happen… :frowning:

2 Likes
  • Arturia- Keystep Pro

Why not a Nord Modular G3 with some modules for physical modelling?
I bet the preset just a Nord Keyboard or a new Nord stage…

No I am a realist, though my Nord 5 hopes are probably still stretching reality a little :grin:

Intellijel should combine an updated Shapeshifter with Plonk into a standalone HW synth, and strap a Korgasmatron analog filter on the back end also
Heaps of digital lfos, envelopes etc.
All midi though no need to worry about cv

3 Likes

How about that Serum hardware synth? :partying_face:

Yeah sux that deadmaus got the only one in existence

4 Likes

I still think he’s trolling us but I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Would buy one instantly, no matter how much it would cost!

1 Like

I would still just buy the VST version

1 Like

Yes, he does. But sometimes it’s just nice to pretend that we live in a world where this thing really exists.