NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

An effect box by Elektron in the DT/DN format would be extra neat :zap:

For their 20 years, they probably will resurrect the mono machine? Or releasing an analog key for digitone?

Anyway, it’ll be cool.

2 Likes

Im hoping for the Wood Block mk2. Its well overdue an update.

5 Likes

Cuckoo’s Jamuary plan has NDAs around
NAMM… new OP-Z stuff, or :3lektron: ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsIO9bsFJ3h/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10ngupsbxwxdc

His Deluge jam today was probably the best thing I have heard from Cuckoo ever!

Nice way to get some extra interest by putting those NDA’s in there.

1 Like

AKAI APC Live.

Half MPC half APC. Looks to be standalone sampler and audio interface. Also looks like a Frankenstein nightmare!

1 Like

It’s like everything that frustrates me about the Push 2 and then extrapolated from there. Hopefully they’re still working on the design

Edit(just to reemphasize my point): I cannot fathom a scenario where that will be convenient to use. God forbid if the screen is actually a touch screen- useless feature that is so uninviting to use. Unless my scaling is off and the more rectangular buttons eat up some of the length that the Push 2 demands. I like the idea, but goodness it’s unwelcoming as it stands

3 Likes

Seconded. I’d love a Nord 5 combining the additional waveforms, waveshaping, and brilliantly chosen effects of the A1 with the superwaves of the Stage 3 and keeping the second LFO, additional modulation sources and destinations, and Impulse Morph of the Lead 4, finally adding the nice OLED on the Stage 3. I wouldn’t even mind if it was more like an A2 than a Lead 5, to be frank. There’s a lot of room to improve the already-excellent A1 and modernize the Lead 4 (which is just a slightly gussied up Lead 2 with a few poorly chosen effects onboard).

1 Like

Wow, now we know why the mpc live remains unfinishef :roll_eyes:

I have my fingers crossed for Overbridge release. I seriously need to be able to mix properly with the sounds from my DT & DN.

3 Likes

Apple is never on Namm but Logic Pro X 10.5 release?

2 Likes

I reckon the Public Beta should be released fairly soon!

There’s been no Cenk hint dropping comment this year.

3 Likes

I would love a linux version of Abelton Live! That would be something thrilling.

3 Likes

… and that’s how you switch to bitwig.

4 Likes

Good idea, that open controller script API sounds cool too. Which audio interface would you recommend for linux? There isnt a driver fro A&H Qu Pac i belive.

Elektron Video Synth sounds nice :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

… and that’s how you stick with win/mac :sob:

My laptop is on ubuntu though, I’ll see if my ESI works with itand report.

I had a dream again about a cheap Space Delay the size of a Volca with old needle VU meter! Comes with 5 different loop tapes on oldskool cassettes :smile: has multiple different speed rates! All the bells and whistles we could imagine at an affordable prices and it works on batteries!

4 Likes

Haha, wow that does look hideous indeed! The child of a push and Mpc live sure looks like a bad idea! :slight_smile:

New Strymon something? arrives January 10th.