NAMM 2019 predictions / releases

150 ohms I heard from a YouTube review. Nor bad at all. Though I think they have all the specs available on their website now. Frankly I’m ordering them as soon as they’re available.

Yeah, that Qu-bit Chords module could tempt me into setting up a modular system for Dub Techno. Maybe.

1 Like

So this thread has more or less morphed from predictions to NAMM 2019 – What’s up. So here goes.

New interface heyboard from Native Instruments. Their 1000th product in this line. The M32:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keyboards/komplete-kontrol-m32/

1 Like

Native Instruments created the most lackluster Moog clone I’ve ever seen, there’s not even a place for patching.

(But seriously, $119 for a Komplete Kontrol is pretty cool)

Edit: id be willing to bet that they’re losing money on these keyboards- or striking even. This keyboard is probably an investment to get people into the NI universe

1 Like

The perfect happy teen video intro from Yamaha.

The Sonogenic SHS-500 Keytar

Heck ya … if a miniature collie can groove out on this than so can i.

2 Likes

Yamaha blew it. They tried to sell their keytar, but accidentally made an advertisement for a puppy.

3 Likes

one thing is for shure: ELEKTRON has a LOT of genius video-workers!!

2 Likes

What a strange product, is it meant for those who want to take the next step on from guitar hero?.

1 Like

I think they’re thinking there’s a parallel with modern musical fashion and right around the time when keytars were all the rage.

Maybe they’re right

It’s Yamaha – don’t you think the Reface line would have sold better, if they packaged them like this? :grin:

I dont hate the idea of a keytar its the pretending to play part that puzzles me, is it just for fun or for those who want to look like a musician without having to learn?.

Zee Flame Mäander

Wävetable craziness in a desktop synth. Pretty unique. All those sliders makes this thing really playable. (My cat could play this for instance.)

http://flame.fortschritt-musik.de/flame2/news.html

ADDED: Thread here.

7 Likes

I think it’s a pretty routine feature. Demo songs on keyboards.

Also, I’m not sure how much it’s to “look” like being a musician- I think the “tar” aspect of the keytar implies jamming- so it’s to encourage jamming

Any clues on price,?

I must have got the wrong impression it looked like you loaded popular songs and pressed the keys to make it play, a bit like guitar hero.

I think it’s too early to know. Flame also has a Eurorack module related to this the 4VOX that is about $550.

1 Like

Whoa!

5 Likes

Top quality boutique gear then ! It’s the sliders that do it for me lol

For the Rhyming New Product Award, two Eurorack controllers that look like they were channeling each other.

The Buchla 112 Touch Controlled Voltage
Buchla%20112%20Touch%20%20Controlled%20Voltage

-AND-

The Verbos Mini Horse
Verbos%20Mini%20Horse

I bet this has origin with Don Buchla himself. Mark Verbos has honored Don before by making ideas that were impossible when first thought of, real.

Does anybody else not get excited about ‘no-name’ products, regardless of hype? I always just imagine them breaking down and people stop responding to your emails or something :slight_smile: