MyVolts Ripcord, issues

is the power supply uninterupted? whats the longest youve played the OT on it continuosly?

Damn that’s dirt cheap.

Will this run the A4/AR combo with Ripcords?

I think Jeronan already answered my question :\

EDIT: according to Myvolts there might be a solution-

“The Analog requires more power than Ripcord can produce, but we are working on a current doubler that will allow you to use two 12V Ripcords to power the drum machine (power bank with two 2.4A outputs)”

3 Likes

@DonovanDwyer i don’t have any of those, not sure, it will run an OT no problem, if the A4/AR use the same amount of juice as OT it would run them too probably

I messed around for 45 minutes and it had plenty of charge left. OT doesn’t suck as much power as I thought. The battery pack is a little big and heavy but worth the performance.

I’ve run the DT plus OT for three hours and still had two bars of battery left.

Anker 20100 battery bank.

2 Likes

Are you able to link that power bank? Or DM?

@Slowdeath The powerbank I have is from Sandstrøm. Paid like 70 bucks for it at the time.

There are much better ones available now and I would get one that can output at least 45W or more.
You got ones that can output 65W now to fast charge laptops. That would be an excellent one for the Elektron devices.

I just read on a facebook Post that MyVolts has a kit with two ripcords and an Y splitter to power the Elektron Analog Devices. So these will pull power from either two USB ports on a powerful powerbank or two different powerbanks to supply the required 22W.

1 Like

My ripcord doesn’t work with my Anker PowerCore 26800 on DT

Odd. There seems to be no pattern.

My OT mk2 works find with a ripcord + a couple of different usb batteries I have (both have high current output)

p.s. perhaps the thread title should be changed, considering the underlying ‘issue’ is nothing to do with the ripcord - rather the battery used.

1 Like

Damn, I was thinking about getting an Anker for my Digitakt

My PowerCore is suitable for 3A per port,but don’t work for some reason

The thing is the Anker was recommended to me by someone at myVolts to me as well. I got the 26800A which is rated at the 5V output needed from what I understand. I had sent them an image ofthe powerbank and specs and they did not dispute the specs as a reason. They are sending me another set of cords. I will test again and send them the results.

1 Like

I changed the title, but it’s not clear at this point that it isnt the cords. I was recommended Anker by the folks at myVolts. I photographed the specs and sent them my issue. They did not dispute the specs of the Anker 26800, and are sending me new cords to test. Once received I’ll let you guys know what happens. Do you see anything that would indicate that the Anker 26800 wouldn’t work with the OT?

You may have correct voltage but not amperage. Check that and make sure it’s sufficient

1 Like

That’s just “half of the truth”. The PowerCore 26800 specified with a total of 6A for all 3 ports. In the worst case you will get just 2A per port.

1 Like

Would you be able to recommend a power bank that will meet the specs needed to power both a DN and an OT? I’m admittedly not well versed in electronic terminology. I just try to match specs as best as I can.

Just looked at the Anker 26800 specs and the output is 3A per port
Output
5V ⎓ 6A (5V ⎓ 3A Max Per Port)
What is needed to power the DN and the OT individually?

1 Like

No, there is a hidden catch! It 3A Max per port, not 3A guaranteed. It depends how much you connect to it. If you use only 2 ports (out of the 3 ports available) you can get clearly get 3A per port.

But, for example, if you have 2 ports drawing 2A each then the third port can also just draw 2A, because there is not more left from the 6A total available (that’s how you need to read the first part of the specs => “5V ⎓ 6A”).

To be on the safe side I would just use 2 of the 3 available ports.

It’s hard to tell how much the OT requires, because it depends how “hard” you push it (output volume to max, headphone volume to max, all recorders running, all tracks playing, 2 heavy-weight FX like reverb on each track, reading and saving to CF card, almost all leds constant on etc.pp.).

The manual states that it uses 7W typical, but its power supply provides up 24W. So there you have your limits.

5V*3A=15W may be enough, but there are no guarantees that it won’t turn off or malfunctions when you push it just a little harder.

1 Like