[mystery solved] Is it weird that I've never turned my OT volume knob above zero?

@tr909 : Or not.
If you find a post not meeting the Guidelines standards, please flag it.
It will disappear naturally after 3 flags.

@phaelam, don’t you think your post is a bit offensive, and a bit displaced ? Please consider amending it, for the benefit of the Community.

1 Like

I took it as funny. So we cannot write RTM anymore ? :slight_smile:
And I do agree that for OT the manual is the main reference.

2 Likes

If you actually have a read at the whole thread, you’ll see that @tr909 is only talking about what could be considered a flaw in design, especially compared to the whole gang of :3lektron: machines.
In such context, your remark was a bit missing the point, and slightly uncool.
But if you stick to your position, so be it.

2 Likes

Going out of the way to get offended is uncool too, goes both ways. Though everyone can take a moment to consider that tone of conversation is the weakpoint of any online discussion.

2 Likes

A suspicious mind could think that it was a faux pas during the manufacture of the mkI, like a PCB trace not connected or routed wrong, because it may not appear to make much sense, so rather than scrap a whole production run, it was turned into a feature :slight_smile:

A more rational possibility is that the Octatrack was designed for DJ/Live use and it was deemed useful in the the design process to have a way of monitoring cue outputs independent from the main outputs without having to have cables connected to the cue outputs.

A better solution would have been to have 2 volume controls, one for master outs, one for phones/cue.

Still, once you get used to it, it isn’t really an issue.

Even if you don’t cue tracks dj style, this knob is a godsend if you use outboard effects - just hook them up to headphone outputs and at the mix page set the knob to 100% cue. So you get a knob which is a master send to outboard fx, super useful as you don’t have to click cue on/off on several tracks

6 Likes