My xoxbox hates the OT midi seq!?

i’ve always had issues getting my xoxbox to play nicely with the OT, but since hte last few OT updates, it’s pretty much unuseable.

anyone else found this? sequences seem to do random stuff when the xox receives midi from the OT

• i can play the xox fine from my midi control keyboard, and sequence it from the MD. but it seems to hate midi notes/sequences from the OT!

Well, I habe no issues with the OT and the xoxbox (by modemachines)
My Setup, OT (slave) midi out to xox thru to minitaur… Xox is in Midiplay mode. Latest OS running on the OT!

Are there some specific situations when the X0xb0x goes haywire? Or does it do strange things when you just play single, non overlapped notes too?

From the top of my head, your OT might be sending some midi data that the X0xbox doesn’t understand. Turn off everything else except midi sync-related options, like program changes and stuff.

Another explanation might be that your OT sample tracks share the same midi channel as the X0xbox, then OT’s sending all kinds of crap to the X0xb0x, which goes nuts with too much information. Just change the midi channel to a free one.

Yeah I use the Octatrack midi sequencer a lot.
I have literally all midi messages turned off except the ‘channels’.
That should work with anything I would hope ?

thanks for all the replies. xox is set to midi ch 9, no other OT channels (sample or midi are set to 9). i used program changes from the OT (on ch 12) to change patterns on my other elektron boxes, but i’ll experiment with the sync options and see what happens.

should probably check it there is a newer sockos for the xox too…

solution… it was my m-audio oxygen8 keyboard. unplugged that and suddenly the xox behaves correctly when receiving notes and sequences from the OT…

seems that eh oxygen sends out loads of spurious data when interferes with teh xox. maybe this is also why i was getting loads of stuck notes when i played my slim phatty from the OT too…

new controller keyboard ahoy…!

I get those too. Same with the Minataur. The Moog stuff does seem to stick quite easily…

Hello guys!
So yeah I´m also using a x0xb0x with the OT and want to share my experience and issues… I had no problems at all playng the x0xb0x from the OT in MIDI Play Mode…

But my problem is when using the x0xb0x as slave, in Pattern MIDI Sync… The x0xb0x sequencer seems to be out of sync… like speeds up then slows down at the beggining of the sequence… If I swap then to OT as Slave and x0xb0x as Master… everything works just fine…

I rather using the built in sequencer for shuffle goodnes and as a nice way to mix betwen songs… anyone having the same issues?

Thanks in advance!

sorry dude - i’ve no experience of this…

I have mine set to Midi Play and I’m using the OT to sequence. Works like a champ!

1 Like

mine too now - i was very happy when i worked out what was causing the problem!

Did you ever find a solution to this, Multiman?