My 'Unifono' debut album is out today

Hey friends,

my first album is out on all common streaming platforms.
For the most part it’s a collection of tracks, that I did between summer 2017 and 2018. I thought that these pieces fit quite well together.

It was created with a variety of tools, both hard- and software. But most of the tracks have in common, that I used physical modeling - or modal synthesis - as primary sound source (Mutable Instruments plaits, rings, AAS Chromaphone 2, Ableton Collision). Hence the album title.
And many samples, obviously. Digitakt and Octatrack were quite busy.

Anyway. I hope some folks here will enjoy it!

27 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

good luck

1 Like

Thanks. Some luck won‘t hurt

1 Like

Nice work! Favorites are ‘Late Adapter’ and ‘Locked Up.’

2 Likes

Nice! Very!

1 Like

Super great stuff!

1 Like

Thanks for listening guys :slightly_smiling_face:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

sounds great bru :+1:t3:

1 Like

Congratulations, really great work. Purchased and enjoying very much. Thanks !

1 Like

thanks bru :slightly_smiling_face:

great, glad you like it. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

I finally got the chance to listen to this properly as I was driving up the road from my folks today. It was really nice listening coming up through the Galloway Forest in the sunshine… I really like the balance of it too. By that I mean that there is a consistent sound but enough variety and range of ideas to keep it fresh. That can be a tricky balance to achieve so…yeah… good stuff!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for listening and for the feedback :slight_smile:

definitely! For me personally, it’s very tricky actually, cause my style varies a lot, at least I have this feeling. The type of sound on this collection, IDM ish type of stuff, hip hop beats etc.
For an album or EP I try not to select the stuff, that I think is the best, but that fits best together. Which means I have to keep many tracks for later.

I’m thinking about putting out only single songs in the future, but somehow I’m still a believer in the album format :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Compromise with EPs!

Yeah, I prefer album format too.

The only artist I’ve ever really stuck with through a brigade of singles was Floating Points

1 Like

EPs are nice that‘s true. I tend to prefer albums with shorter running time anyway.
But the trend is going towards singles. It‘s all about being part of spotify playlists now :wink:

I guess I’m just old fashioned

1 Like

Hey Unifono,

Heard your premiere on Dloaw.
I was so happy to see a fellow elektronaut on my favourite yt channel.
Any ways, don’t mind the trends, just make music…

1 Like

Hey @Lemajik,

thanks :slight_smile: I saw your comment in the live chat. I was really happy to be on Dloaw, such a cool channel.

You’re totally right :slight_smile: