My small but growing wishlist for RYTM functionality

These are some small tweaks that would make the workflow on the RYTM so much better. Maybe not all these can actually be implemented due to DSP and or hard routing limitations but, I think some of these tweaks seem reasonable. here they are:

1. I would love to have the option of previewing samples in the +drive or in the RAM Directly out to master, instead of through the track settings. It would be nice if we could choose if we want “track thru” or “master thru”. Many times I find myself going through samples and not realizing that the samples are being heavily processed with a filter or something and if I want to hear them show up CLEAN, I have to go through all my settings and clear them first. I know this is possible because when I fresh record a sample for a track, it is previewed automatically straight through the master (or direct out) instead of through the track settings. this tells me the routing should be able to support this.

2. speaking of resetting all the settings, I would love it if there was some sort of indicator on any of the parameters that could indicate which ones were being modulated by the LFO. like an little line or something so I could quickly glance at the pages and see it. Also it would be nice if either on the parameter itself, were to blink in time with the LFO rate, or if on the LFO page itself, there were a blinking indicator to reference the LFO rate– I think it would clarify many of the speed settings and make them much easier to adjust.

I’ve seen so many threads requesting a second LFO per track, but if that is absolutely not possible, what about just being able to assign the SAME LFO to multiple parameters on a track?

ALSO as far as LFO assignment, it would be cool if I could just “long hold” down one of the knobs and it would auto assign the LFO to that parameter, and maybe after assigning it could allow me to twist the knob to set the depth quickly if done within a certain timeframe. Just throwing it out there.

1. I would love to have a Sample offset feature where I could easily nudge the sample forward or backward in time so I could better align transients from the sample and the synth voice. just to be able to nudge it forward or backward in time. I think that could be implemented pretty easily.

2. speaking of sampling, in order for layers to be melded more smoothly it would be cool to have a digital filter on the sample page just to cut low or high end, before both voices go through the analog filter, but there may be some serious GUI limitations and or DSP so who knows if this is actually a realistic request.

3. just a small thing but it would be cool to have a set loop brace adjustment so I could move the loop brace all at once like on the digitakt. (Hod “func” on “loop start” and move entire brace at once?)

4. speaking of the digitakt the master mixer page for the digitakt seems pretty handy, I know there are more than 8 voices but I imagine if you hold FUNC I could see maybe the linked voices could be adjusted in a secondary function menu.

5. Along with Global Swing settings, it would be cool to have a global humanize knob. when you turn it, it randomizes micro timing of all hits per track. possible also to randomize velocity too? or maybe we can just make velocity an assignable parameter for LFOs ( i know we can just LFO volume control, but its different if you have mods programmed to change with velocity so…)

6. I would love a gain reduction meter on the master compressor. but also would would be cool is a quick A/B on off button so you could compare the mix with compression and w out compression quickly.

7. Some form of UNDO function. even if it was just one layer deep or multiple undo. especially when live recording, either live recording parameter changes or live recording drum pad hits. it would be a GODsend to just undo!

8. And one of my biggest requests is sample Upload / Download through the overbridge VST. If I could edit and mangle samples in my DAW, and then quickly throw them onto the machine (maybe even straight onto a pad) right from my production session it might even negate many of the feature requests I have previous on this list. I think if Elektron just made this change along it would just be such a huge addition to the functionality of this machine.

These are just some ideas that Ive noticed while toying with the machine that I would really appreciate and think would be realistic. and since Elektron seems open to feedback about their machines and also constantly on the ball w updates, I figured I’d share some thoughts.

Thanks for reading!

J

A post was merged into an existing topic: AR Analog Rytm feature request thread