My pack of 100 free Single Cycle Waveforms + Tutorial

I would love to share settings.

I will look up in the manual so I know how to export them…

also, something went wrong with my octatrack - it was kinda locked so I had to factory reset. and I do not have my project used in the video.

I will get the same sound again though,

I will make a “settings” page of downloads and will let you know.

great idea!

Hi @Void_Vertex. I made 2 files with slices with your Pack, with Octachainer software.
I can post it here or mp, as you like.

4 Likes

amazing!!

I’d like to make a dedicated page on my site for this

I will put a link to you / your site / your work

if ok with you

my e-mail is on my site

1 Like

Nothing amazing, try them before ! :wink:
Mp sent.

1 Like

am i right in this is now “wavetable” via LFO on slice?

Kind of wavetable, but changes at new trig only. Lfos, plocks, crossfader control…

Thanks! I didn’t mean a digital share (though I think that might be possible with Ocatedit…)

I just wondered if you could let us know which reverb/filter and the settings, if that’s not too tedious to type out. I really like the full screen closeup stills of the OT screen in your video - maybe you could post some of those

I ask because I wouldn’t have guessed you were using the OT reverb, which I don’t have much luck with!

1 Like

Sure you can add my name! generally its just ‘Enzyme’ :slight_smile:

Its a bit of a hazy area though. Using this technique will make ANY sound play as C2, even if its not a C. Its a shame to change the tuning that you have already specifically made. On the other hand, this is the simplest way to get lower tones out of the OT audio tracks, leaving the OT parameters free for further mangling.

Im not sure exactly what i did but it was the proberly the largest size reverb on the dark reverb with a lot of low pass. I like really big reverbs with lots of high cut out.

Rather than not use somthing due to problems, its good to try to fix the problem with a solution and you find your own sound through that.

For example, you like my stills i made for the video - i did that due to not being able to see the screen on camera due to the reflection. So i thought of a way to fix the problem which turned into a feature.

2 Likes

Presets all the way, me

As for fixes, solutions… Search workaround @clancy on here :slight_smile:

it took me a few years but now I never touch a preset - i spend most of my music making working on the sounds rather than the composing etc - I am not saying it is bad to use presets - but i’m saying its so satisfying to make one’s own sound from scratch - if you like pre made sounds then you might like my sample packs on my website. I have 130 metal guitar samples and about a 100 FM synthesis - drum samples and others

1 Like

Whoa, these are all terrific! Definitely adding all of your waveforms to my library.

1 Like

It is my pleasure to help out

Hi Void_Vertex. Thanks for this. They look cool.

I am making a VST that includes a Wavetable oscillator. Would you mind if I include your single cycles in it? Of course I can mention you on the site/ in the product manual

Thanks

Dave

1 Like

That’s fine
I’ve direct messaged you
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there,

Thanks for this nice Single Cycle Waveforms.
I would like to use theme in an iOS synth app I’m currently making, is this ok for you ?

Thanks
Aurelien

Thanks Void_Vertex going to try them on M.S :+1:

This is great, I am looking forward to using this! The AKWF are pitched too low, I’ve found, for the Octa’s two-octave limit.