My name is Mike, and I am an Octaholic

I’m doing one of those stay at home gigs things. Its a showcase of Merkaba artists and its being streamed from 1800 CEST, 8 august 2020. I’m the headliner , ( on last) so my set should be 0200h.

Playing this little lot

Link http://twitch.tv/merkabamusic

I will upload to youtube after the broadcast.

Thanks for listening/watching.

16 Likes

We can finally put a face and the name :scream_cat:May I ask what Genre(s) is (are) gonna be heard?

1 Like

Well Merkaba has changed since I joined the roster. I dont know what you’d call it. :man_shrugging:

My set is going to be the odd one out I reckon, a mostly improvised set. 108bpm broken beats. Probably darker and more lofi edgy than the other acts. Playing around feild recordings taken during my walks over the last month. Ive been rehearsing a fair bit so it should go alright. Cheers!

4 Likes

I like that bpm. I’m really used to it.

Nothing wrong with that. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Nice setup by the way. Lyra-8 for Soundscapes? In which reverb?

Quad or Boss DR05.
No fancy modern reverbs here :wink:

4 Likes

I had a modem reverb in my former life.

1 Like

I literally have no idea what you are talking about.

2 Likes

You need a modem reverb?

I’ll do best to tune in live but family and timezones may dictate otherwise.
Best of luck to you, that setup is bang on for some live savagery.

3 Likes

Thanks man. I’ll be putting the set up on YouTube after the show so you can catch it later anyway.

Its going to be more of a chill one in keeping with the label.

I’m in Oz so time zones are all over the place! Makes my brain hurt.

2 Likes

Do you know what time they terminate transmission? I’ll tune in half hour before. Seeing the Lyra in action live will be interesting.
(I’m in Sydney, no time maths necessary :wink:

1 Like

I think Im scheduled for somewhere around 0200h CEST. So that would actually be the 9th aug.

But you know, some people play a little shorter, some a little longer.

Thanks for your interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

No time maths? Central european time is way different to NSW time!

:crazy_face: hah . I thought it was central Australia time. Ok that’s better for me anyway.

1 Like

Exciting. Is my math right. Noon USA ET?

2 Likes

Hi Mike! Thank you for opening up to us. wipes tear from eye

2 Likes

Appreciate the support dude, admiting its a problem is the first step into a bright new world…

let down by the thread title. was hoping it was going to be someone talking about how their setup includes four OT’s or something…

1 Like

at first it was just the digitakt…