My name is Jay Hosking, and I've made an album using Elektron boxes and other hardware

Hi, I’m Jay. Some of you might already know me, since I participate regularly in this community, and so many of you have been really kind and generous with your time.

I’m pleased and proud to announce that I’m releasing an album. YOUTH ON AGE catalogues my best work (or at least my favourite work) over the last year or so, using Elektron boxes, plus other synths, samplers, drum machines, and effects. I’m really happy with the end results, and I hope you give it a spin.

Thanks for all your support and generosity throughout. It means the world to me.

41 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

sounds awesome, well done!

1 Like

Great work! You’re a talented composer and my partner and I very much enjoy the music you share on your YouTube channel!

1 Like

Nice! If it’s anything like your YouTube jams, it’ll be excellent

1 Like

It IS the YouTube jams, just my favourite of the bunch compiled into a cohesive record. And thanks so much!

1 Like

I’m on the go at work today so I can’t hitup Bandcamp until later but I hope you included that lovely piece with the NDLR, Deckard’s Dream, OB6 etc. Goosebumps from that one.

1 Like

Thanks! That one is actually already up there, at this link: https://jayhosking.bandcamp.com/album/grief-and-love-ambient-works

1 Like

Purchased!

Also, didn’t realize you were in Canada as well. Former Calgarian that calls Winnipeg home now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! I love Winnipeg. I’m a former Torontonian in Vancouver.

:black_heart:

1 Like

Oh yeah - glad I checked into the forum now. Now I have a ton of great music to listen to while working (from home… when I’d rather be playing with my synths…). Cheers. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

nice album!

1 Like

I know you are promoting Youth on Age, which is excellent, but I really enjoyed Grief and Love! It just flowed from start to finish and is packed full of awesome melodies, pads and basslines.

1 Like

Get your Spotify page in order!

1 Like

Hah, thanks! I appreciate the encouragement. The reason I’m in no rush to add to Spotify is because, well, Spotify doesn’t support my endeavours. For the amount of plays of the record I’ve gotten over the last day, I would have earned less than $15, which is two sales of the record on Bandcamp. I do plan to eventually add older records to Spotify, but people are still regularly supporting me through Bandcamp (and it means the world to me). So maybe one day, but not today, and thanks again!

1 Like

Hey, thanks so much! I’m immensely proud of that record.

1 Like

I’m dumb, went out to Youtube and almost said out loud, “Oh, that Jay Hosking.”

Love your channel.

2 Likes

Love this! It’s been a great joy hearing how disparate everyone’s approaches are to making music with Elektron hardware.

1 Like