My Digitakt Jam

Just a jam, refining the track into something even better!

Completely OTB track - Ableton used to record the master outs :slight_smile:

Gear used:
Elektron Digitakt
Roland SE-02
Korg Minilogue
Strymon BigSky
Roland MX-1

Just getting back into making music after a couple of years out of the game! If you have any feedback or suggestions please let me know.

Just got and Octotrack mk2 which has not been incorporated into my gear just yet, but will hopefully have a video up soon !!

8 Likes

Very nice, I really enjoyed it!

1 Like

Just made another! Link above! More house vibes this time, had a lot of fun making it. 2 patterns of 16. Conditional trigs etc.

My new octatrack sat this jam out. Only had it a week & still learning it :grin:.

3 Likes

Good job once again!

How do you plan on using the DT with the OT?

Not 100% sure yet, may still have the drums through the digi and use the octa for longer parts such as recording synths in or things that need a lil extra detail. Or when im ready to make my new ideas into songs.

Loadsa things really , i do like the in depth sample editing in the octa, which can help using my laptop less :grin:

This is great! Loved it.

nice and crunchy. is that a black Minilogue?

That was glorious!

Yeah bud it is. I went to my local music shop looking for something for something completely different and they were unboxing the black one for display! Haggled the price down n got it for the normal price aha!

Cheers man :smile:

1 Like

great Vibes going on mate! I like it! :thup:

But … why no Main-Out on that second Video? Would love to hear this in proper quality !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im gonna build it up a little more and get a proper recording :grin: I was in the zone had to record the idea quickly ahaha

cool, bud. Nice jams, remarkable Minilogue

Really nice work! Really like the groove that comes in around the 1:12 mark :slight_smile:

1 Like

very nice! reminds me of oniris stuff

loved that first jam especially — great warm house vibes! looking forward to more tunes, incl. a proper recording of that second one.

i’m always curious about setup and approach. would be curious to know whatever you can say re which instruments are doing which parts, how the strymon fits in — is it on an fx send? — and how you route into and use the mx-1, as i’ve eyed one occasionally over the years.