My Crossfader is Sending CCs - Backwards

Ok, so I notice that my crossfader on the OT is sending (and responding to) CCs totally backwards. It still works as far as moving to the left makes sceneA audible and moving to the right makes sceneB audible, just the CC’s are backwards. So now cc value 0 selects sceneB and cc value 127 selects sceneA.
I tested the output of the OT in midiOX after I noticed the strange behaviour in reaper and confirmed.
I then reformatted my card and did an empty reset, but the crossfader is still backwards.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me to try before I fill out a support ticket.

1 Like

Hey man,

So I just did some tests too to find out if this is normal…

Using MIDIPal, Im getting from the crossfader:
MIDI CH 2 - #30 - Hexadecimal values, 00 Left - 7F Right.
(#30 Hexadecimanl corresponds to CC´s 48 in decimal)

Using MIDI-OX:
MIDI CH 2 - CC 48- Hexadecimal values, 00 Left - 7F Right.

A second test using Ableton confirms that is CC48, Left minimum and Right Maximum.

Probably is best if you open a ticket.
good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for running those tests and confirming what I suspected… My octa-fader cc’s are backwards!
I’ll be submitting a ticket asap.
Anyone else out there in Octa Land have this problem??

1 Like

Have to ask the obvious – running the latest OS (1.25b)? Everything else behaving normally (as far as MIDI CCs and values?)

Yes and Yes.
I just got my OT a couple months ago so it came with 1.25b factory installed.
All other CC’s seem to be working fine… I mapped the quneo to almost every other control on every page of parameters with no other problems.
Also, for all internal parameters and functions, the crossfader still works normally… it’s just the send and receive crossfader cc values that work backwards. This seems weird to me because if the values are reversed, why do they work fine for internal stuff? Just another mystery I guess.

Thank you for running those tests and confirming what I suspected… My octa-fader cc’s are backwards!
[/quote]
Hi,

I noticed the same issue when i got my OT from repairs (They were repairing midi sync issue but somehow caused this new issue)
So did they resolve your issue? What was the result of this case?

[/quote]
Yep, mine is backwards too. I’m guessing some faders were installed upside down(?) Or is that impossible?

I dont have an OT but is there a calibration routine on it somewhere? Is usually throw fader all way left, set, then all way right and set, something like that, telling it where 0% and 100% is - could be it was calibrated back to front by mistake.

i heard there will be a software fix for this, soonish ! so, after overbridge i guess !

Yup happens to me as well. I only notice it when using Lemur with the octa.
Avantronica that is some news. Anything else you know about in the pipeline??

Just that a few people have reverse crossfader issue, they will get it fixed, when is anyone’s guess, clearly plans are slipping somewhat, best ask support if you’re affected

I was told by support that there will be an OS update fix for this at some point. If you have a crossfader that is sending/receiving midi values backwards I would still file a support ticket.

1 Like

Never heard of this problem until now (reading this thread). Sorry to hear all of you having these issues. Did anyone of you open an support ticket?

Yes, I did quite a few months back now.

[/quote]
Hi,

I noticed the same issue when i got my OT from repairs (They were repairing midi sync issue but somehow caused this new issue)

[/quote]
I got reply from elektron. This issue can be actually fixed from test mode.
The reset/re-calibration result will depend on the current x-fader position.
To reset the x-fader press function + scene b while in test mode.

4 Likes

So do we put the fader on the right before hitting Func + SceneB or left?

[/quote]
Hi,

[/quote]
To reset the x-fader press function + scene b while in test mode. [/quote]
Changing fader direction doesn´t make any difference unfortunately. MIDI is still sent ‘backwards’ (just tested it on a unit here)…

1 Like

I just toggled it until i got it working :wink:

[quote="“vaz”"]

I just toggled it until i got it working ;)[/quote]
With MIDI?

vaz

Cheers for reporting back. Just hit the same problem.
Went to test mode.
Hit func+scene b and then wiggled fader. led’s indicate the direction. then turned the machine off and rebooted and all works fine…