My Behringer BCF2000 mapping for Octatrack

I just made this basic BCF2000 mapping file for the Octatrack. Couldn’t find any floating around out there on the net. Hopefully somebody has use for this like I do.

1. Download and install BC Manager (it’s donation ware)
  2. Connect it to your BCF2000 in USB mode (Edit + Store, then Encoder 1)
  3. Open this mapping file
  4. Send the MIDI config to the device
  5. On the device, press Store twice to overwrite the first preset with this config
  6. Switch the device to Stand-alone Mode (e.g. S-1)

Make sure to receive CC on the Octatrack in the MIDI config and set tracks 1-8 to channels 1-8.

—Faders are track volumes
—Lower button row is Mute
—Upper button row is Arm
—Encoder group 1 is Pitch
—Encoder group 2 is FX 2, Control 6 (e.g. Delay or Reverb send)
—Encoder group 3 is Low Cut (if FX 1 is a filter)
—Encoder group 4 is High Cut (if FX 1 is a filter)

You could do a lot more with a BCF2000 than this. These are just the basics I need for live performance. If you have ideas for improvements or additions please share your work with us.

Peace,
Moon Wheel
soundcloud.com/moonwheel

6 Likes

awesome work

Funny, as I was looking for this 2 days ago.
Decided to make my own…used the upper encoder for filter and buttons for mute audio and midi.

Also have a bcr2000, still trying to figure out the best way to configure it.

Does the octatrack send MIDI feedback to the controller?

I only have it connected one way, haven’t tried really.
Need the midi out for my synths, and don’t really want to introduce extra latency.

No, this is just one-way. I need my Octa MIDI output to sync the Rytm and the rest of my hardware.

I saw a BCR2000 mapping for the OT somewhere… It’s in a forum somewhere if you Google it.

Tried, couldn’t find any…

Mapping it is easy anyway. Get BC Manager. Connect your hardware. Open up the encoder editor. First select the hardware, under B-Controls, then set up a new preset by naming it in the Presets window, then open the Encoders window, where you and set up the channel, CC and behaviour for each encoder you would like to use. You can name them too. You can use keyboard shortcuts to do it relatively pain-free. The OT manual has a MIDI CC reference index in the back. Don’t forget to save the file both on the computer and on the OT after you “Send MIDI” to the hardware.

Hi , I might grab one of these , is it possible to get fader/values sent from octatrack to move faders to the same values ?

did you encounter any weirdness when using learn. ?

things on track one dont seem to send , 2 to 8 are fine.
channel settings are default , theres no indication of the bcf receiving anything , eg. t1 mute.

You can set the range in the manager…so yes.

I would like to know if i can map a k-mix mcmillen like the BCR2000 mapping for the OT?

Did you find/make a bcr2000 mapping for octa ? Yust bought a bcr and looking for maps tips with octa…

I have two presets on my BCR2k, one is set to the auto channel and one preset is for controlling l tracks 1-8 on their midi channels.

For tracks 1-8, the colums on the BCR are for tracks 1 to 8, each set to the corresponding midi channel.
I have Track Level on encoder group 1, Panning on encoder group 2 and Amp Volume on Encoder Group 3.
On Encoder Group 4 I use the encoder´s push function to trigger the samples of the eight tracks.
The eight buttons are for track mutes and solo.

I used to have the eight buttons set to toggle amp volume from -64 to 0, so I could mute tracks without cutting off fx tails, though I changed it back to track mute because with toggling amp volume, obviously can´t really make use of p-locks.

The three encoder rows on the bottom of the BCR are set to FX1 Parameter 2, FX2 Parameter 2 and FX2 Parameter 6.

On tracks with Filter in FX slot 1 and Delay or Dark Reverb in FX slot 2 I can control Filter Width and Delay Feedback and Send Level or Shelving Filter Gain and Mix Level on the reverb.
Not a very useful mapping for all fx types, but there’s also the auto channel preset.

The four buttons at the right are for seq control - sequencer start/stop, seq start/reset and seq stop.

Auto channel preset:
Encoder Group 1 has LFO 1/2/3 Speed, then two unused encoders (LEDs off) as a visual clue, then Retrig and Retrig Time + Amp Volume.

Buttons are for Track Mutes and Solo again.

The three rows of eight encoders on the bottom of the BCR are mapped to LFO Depth and the two FX blocks.

Top row has LFO1/2/3 Depth on the first three, two unused encoders as a visual clue again and then Amp Attack, Hold, Release on the same row.

Next row has two unused encoders, then FX1 Parameters 1/2/3, then FX 2 Parameters 1/2/3.
Bottom row has two unused encoders and then FX1 Parameters 4/5/6 followed by FX2 Parameters 4/5/6.

The four buttons at the right are for seq control agin - sequencer start/stop, seq start/reset and seq stop.

1 Like

Thanks a lot !

1 Like