My Analog Keys has a very strange name in OS X

Had this issue too. Have followed @mattyB’s advice and seems to be showing up ok now on MIDI side of things, including in Ableton Live. It does not seem to be any different for A4 as an audio devices though. I guess it’s not as straightforward to change that?

FYI my set up is UK English.

1 Like

Similar problem with A4, shows up in Cubase 9 as;

“”""""""""""""""""’’’…""""Elektron MIDI

Has anyone figured out how to rename the device?

I now have 2 Analog Four mk1s, both with the long device name. It’s not just macOS but Windows too. Using the C6 application the device shows the strange name, at least on Windows.

One of my Analog Fours came direct from Elektron, the other 2nd-hand. Both have been used on macOS, if that made any difference. I assume the name is hard-coded somewhere though. Would be nice to be able to change it, or at least have it show up as “Analog Four”.

Well, this seems to be easily resolved by renaming the device in Overbridge. The name must be assigned to the hardware as I have renamed the device in Windows and then plugged it in to a Mac and seen the name I assigned, instead of the odd characters that were used by default.

I had to remove the old setup but then it showed up nicely! :slight_smile: Strange, anyway.