My AK has vibrato depth on track 1, but same patch loaded on other track is OK

I’m wondering if I need to recalibrate. If I load say THE SAW preset on track 1, there’s a vibrato permanently present. It’s not there if I load it on track 3.

The vibrato depth is 0. Only way I can get rid of it, is to set the speed to zero.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Have you checked the perf setup? Unlikely I would think, but still possible that the vibrato is being enabled there.

David

Yep - checked that. Was still happening when I changed kits and patterns. …but cleared when I power cycled, which is a little bit worrying.

Are you sure about that …

Use Fn+Enc to ensure it lands on zero when resetting depth to nil (look for centred dot on dial)… all too easy to have depth either side of zero

Best way to test between tracks is to copy sound
as follows
Track1+Copy
Track2+Paste
any subtle variations will be copied

i.e. if some stray cc / nudge is setting slight midi values on track 1 vibrato depth these will be copied when you copy track sound (rather than load same sound)

your last though point is more confusing - but test with no other connections to device fwiw - try the track sound copy thing too

no real harm in calibrating though the manual does encourage you to do so with caution, just be sure device is warmed up first

Yep - I’m sure.

Sorry - I meant comment for LFO modulation, those values are 14bit and it’s not obvious to many users that 0 on dial is not (necessarily) zero depth - for vibrato it’s unambiguous, just 7bit - have a look at LFOs just in case - and try the track copy thing whilst disconnected - that will tell you if the voice is the issue

makes no sense if you disarm with speed though !!

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the problem. If it happens again…

I’ve seen a similar bug on the AK where LFO1 depth 1 is non-zero in a cleared patch.

I have this same issue. Sometimes it happens on track 2 as well. I also have an issue with tuning. Having loaded an empty kit with initialized sounds I can have a track or two pitched up a semitone or more. Cycling power a time or two and its back in tune.I ran test mode and had 1 error. Audio(-) 1234. Do you get an error running in test mode?