Muting Performance Macros on A4 Mk1

I’ve recently moved back from an A4 mk2 to a Mk1 and I’m wondering if there’s a way to accomplish something I used to do on the Mk2. On the mk2 there’s a quick performance button which you can use to mute performance macros, as well as the quick performance knob. I feel like most people really loved the qperf knob but I never used it much, so instead I just set up my projects to have all my performance macros assigned to qperf so I could use the qperf button as a global performance macro mute. I’m guessing this kind of global muting and unmuting of the performance macros (without reloading a kit) isn’t possible on the Mk1 but I thought I’d ask the hivemind here if there’s any way to do this on the Mk1 or possible workarounds. Not a huge deal but definitely a nice feature to have.

No, but the bipolar macros will easily snap to zero when you hold [Function] and turn the encoder.
I’m not sure if the unipolar macros will snap to 63 and then to zero, but you can easily test it yourself (they probaply snap to zero instantly I’d guess - or maybe not haha)

Edit, just tested. Unipolar macros snap to 64 and then to zero.

Unfortunately, there’s no way of muting macros while retaining their parameter values.

1 Like

On the A4MK2 there is no need to assign all performances to the [QPER] button for a global performances mute, because the shortcut [FUNC] + [QPER] does exactly that: it mutes all performances.

The MK1 does not have anything equal.

@Schnork: the benefit of the MK2 functionality is that it mutes/unmutes all performances with a single button combo at once without changing the value of each performance.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Resetting macros to zero doesn’t actually provide the same functionality, sorry for the confusion.
I’ve edited my post above.

2 Likes