Mutek San Francisco

Hi 'Nauts,

I’m going to be in SF and going to the Mutek events on May 4 - 6th, anyone on here going to be around for that, want to meet up?

1 Like

Been thinking about going… Would you suggest going?? I think $200 is a steep price…

It does seem steep, I’m just buying individual tickets for the 3 events I’m thinking about, I’m also looking for another thing to check out on Friday, as it may not be worth the price of admission on that night. If I was going to be able to make the whole thing the package would make sense.

You can buy individual tickets?? I might just do that, as I’m just interested in just a few acts. Do you know where the info of each artist playing in venues?

1 Like

Found it, might go and check it out!

1 Like

Totally didn’t know this was going on. Need to research the people performing, but might check out one of the nights.

1 Like

For one night is like about $70, still pretty expensive. Too bad cause all of the artists I want to check out are playing different nights.

I might just do one night because 1 I get sleepy by 8PM and 2 I’m cheap like that.

1 Like

highly recommend seeing Indy Nyles whenever his Mutek SF set is, serious Machinedrum bangers

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. He’s doing the Sunday daytime show. Only 20 dollars. It’s lit!

1 Like

http://www.mutek.org/en/sanfrancisco/2018/tickets%20

http://www.mutek.org/en/sanfrancisco/2018/artists/1677-moritz-von-oswald

I don’t know how often he plays in north america. I’d pay $70-100 to see him.

2 Likes

And he’s never done a solo live set in the US

2 Likes

56.82 out the door if you buy the tickets now. Not bad to watch a Dub Techno pioneer.

1 Like

I wish they would make more AVisions+Nocturne bundles… I find this edition of Mutek to be lacking a bit, I’d also want to see some panels and things but those might be revealed later? Hopefully? I dunno. Good lineups for friday and saturday tho, maybe those attending can plan to meet

Saturday with Derrick May too…this lineup isn’t bad but I also have errands to run. So far I’m doing friday night at mezzanine and sunday in the afternoon.

What’s the difference beteween AVisions and nocturne?

I seriously want to break out my Machinedrum tonight because I’m so hyped.

Sounds like a plan, I got my tickets for friday and saturday nights, I’ll need to be at the airport around 8 on Sunday, so I’m weighing heading to that event, but its on the way to the airport so its probably a good idea…

AVisions are usually in a theatre type environment and are focused on ambient or experimental vibes with associated visuals created for the performance either by a partner artist or the artist.

Where are you flying from? Man, I might do an AV visions too. Still need to figure things out.

I’m coming from Baltimore, doing a work thing in Sacramento the week before and getting into SF Friday. Flying out of SFO

1 Like

Everyone who wants to meet up for a pint or at the show just to shoot the breeze PM me your numbers.