Mute settings. Digitone

Has anyone got some tips on how the mute setting work… I constantly struggle with this simple process. The difference between global and track makes little sense.

1 Like

Global means that when you switch patterns the mute states are preserved across patterns. Track means current track/pattern muted only.

2 Likes

Check on youtube digitone/digitakt mute mode, you’ll find videos that explain it well if you have problems understanding the manual

7 Likes

Thanks man this is what i needed.

2 Likes

Functionally speaking, I prefer pattern mutes if I am going to be playing different patterns consecutively so that I don’t have to globally mute a track immediately if I don’t want to start the next pattern with a certain element playing.

1 Like

never mind.

I don’t think you can do track mutes per pattern on Analog Rytm, Analog Four, or Octatrack can you? (unless you use the arranger/song modes) these devices only have global mutes I think…

can someone confirm?

I can’t remember if model:samples and cycles have pattern mute functionality either, I think they do since they are newer products, but…

can someone confirm?

Also I am guessing monomachine and machinedrum only have global mutes too, but I am not sure because I do not own. Seems like the older machines only have global mutes, it wasn’t until the digitone and digitakt that there was mute per pattern introduced.

can someone confirm?

side note: everytime i say ‘can someone can confirm’, I feel like I am saying “can i get an amen?” :laughing:

If there are devices that only have global track muting and not track mute per pattern functionality it would be nice if they did an update so there was track mutes per pattern setting possible on all devices.

1 Like

For the love of god what do blue leds mean and how can I break free of them?

I have read page 22 of the manual.

I have broken free! No longer :zipper_mouth_face:

Global mutes mode flips Red to mean ‘muted’ which really threw me off.

Also for some reason I was holding PTN to edit pattern mutes (which is bs I invented, a third read of the manual confirms this).