Mute mode not working well with song mode

Hey all,

Yesterday I found an annoying behaviour from my DT.
While playing with my patterns when song mode is running, when I mute some tracks per pattern (purple mode), it doesn’t work the first time I mute/unmute. I need to do that at least twice to be able to make mute/unmute working.
I will try without muting tracks by song mode options and see if this is the cause.

Do some of you face this problem too?

In this recent thread @Humanprogram explains purple mutes and song mode more eloquently than I’m capable of articulating it at this time of day.

Is that similar to the behavior you’re encountering? or am I reading the issue incorrectly?

3 Likes

I think it can explain the problem I described, thanks a lot!
If I understand well, mute states defined in song mode has priority over pattern mutes.
I’ll make some tests as soon as possible, then will explain here if I have more clues :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

1 Like

I’m having an issue with song mode on the Digitakt where upon starting the song / playing the first pattern in it, some tracks that are technically muted, are actually unmuted and they play. If I immediately hit stop, and then hit play again, it plays as intended, with the correct tracks muted.

I have tried toggling green and purple mutes, to see if any difference was made - no change.

I’ve also noticed that a workaround is, opening up the song, quickly turning off song mode and then turning it on again - then hitting play for the first time - and the correct tracks are muted / it plays as intended.

Is this just a bug, or might I be doing something wrong here?
Thank you

1 Like

Same thing happening here! Did you find any solutions?

1 Like

Not exactly, as I switched to another project on other machines.
Didn’t have enough patience to understand why some stuff like track mute that looks pretty basic could become tricky with a song mode.
I definitely should try later, to confirm or not that song mute has priority over pattern mute.

1 Like

Same here!

Any solution? Really disrupts the flow of playing live if everything muted all plays at once as soon as you hit PLAY

I did not find a solution; still dealing with this… would love if it got sorted. adds an extra step every time to have to turn it off and back on again…