Mute Mode not saved

Hi, the manual says Mute Mode is saved with the project. But when I save a project it will always default to Global Mute Mode.

• Digitakt remembers the last used version of MUTE mode and will access this one first when you press [FUNC] + [BANK]. This also applies to QUICK MUTE.

Pattern mute (purple lights) is saved per pattern.
Global mute (green lights) is saved per project.
You can toggle between global and pattern mute by holding Func and double tapping Bank when not in mute mode.
It is a bit annoying that the unit defaults to global mute (green) but that’s how it is, I guess.

Hope this helps.

Are you turning off the machine? If I remember correctly it goes into the last used state while in use but if the machine is turned off it goes to global when it’s turned back on.

Yes, I’m turning off the machine. That’s how I interpreted “Digitakt remembers the last used version of MUTE mode and will access this one first when you press [FUNC] + [BANK].”.

So, probably it implies “Digitakt remembers the selected Mute Mode during a session”. But that’s kind of obvious right? It also remembers which track you have selected until you select a new track.

My question was not about how it works but the about saving the Mute Mode state. Thanks anyway.

I have this same question. I’m noticing after the latest firmware update. Anyone else?
Basically I save the pattern and project using the Purple mute mode. Power off / Power on again and it’s in the Green mute mode.

It resets to global mode when you power cycle

Thank you. That’s a shame.

1 Like

Agree, that’s a shame !

It should be something easy to change on a new OS I guess. It’s little bit boring to change it everytime…