MUTE mode: did the new Firmware Update 1.02B (Nov 2019) fix it?

I was casually going through the assistance page today and found out that a new firmware was released in November. I have my machine updated to the 1.02A version (the one that introduced sample locks) and knew nothing about this new one.

In the firmware notes the devs are talking about MUTE mode bug fix.
For people who don’t know what it is: if you open a fresh pattern (completely blank, never used) and you hold FUNC + PLAY for a second, a pop up window will show up on the screen asking you to name the pattern. As this happens, the track pads will automatically stay lit and will mute/unmute by just tapping on them. Pressing FUNC again will have you exit the MUTE mode. I personally find this incredibly useful and I use this function live all the time, since it lets me play trumpet as I mute tracks on the go (you can see me do that here )
If you choose to rename and save the pattern, the MUTE mode is lost and will not come back on this active pattern ever again.
Now in this last firmware update it there notes regarding this bug fix (I guess it is considered as a bug). I would like to know if this function is still available or if it has been eliminated with the update. Would anybody check it out??

I’ve got freezes before this update and now it’s working fine but don’t know about your issue