Mutable Instruments Plaits

It’s here and it’s awesome :yum:

The first batch of Plaits is sold in most stores, you can still pick the module up here: https://www.gear4music.de/de/Recording-and-Computer/Mautable-Instruments-Plaits/2D72

1 Like

It is here! What can I say, a fantastic module! The documentation should be within reach if you want to know what you are doing, it has tons of interesting models and each of them can be transfmorned with the knobs like hell. The built in envelope saves a few cables.

3 Likes

And you since you have Braids there, it’s not a replacement is it?
I have 2 Braids with no intention of letting either go, but I’m sure Plaits will still add more fun to my system…

What do you reckon fella?

No, braids stay! I would miss the triple ring and triple sine modes. I also have space left in my system and no idea what to get so I don‘t have plans on selling Braids.

1 Like

Good man, I’ve got the feeling since Plaits showed up that Braids is some kind of inbred cousin chained up in the shed on a diet of crisps and veg, supplemented by trips to the pig trough for refreshment!

1 Like

I sell µBraids if anyone is interested in pairing them.
Loved Braids, but Plaits is enough for me for now.

Has anyone got there hands on a plaits yet.

yes. Have it for about 2 months now

I am still waiting for mine. Ordered at Schneiders.

Yeah perfect circuit doesn’t have any.
We’re you given a time frame.

I think the second batch is due in june.

1 Like

Yeah, end of june i was told.

1 Like

And there you have it:

Wonderful times.

1 Like

I just got a mail from my Synth dealer. Apparently they got the next batch one month later as expected :frowning:

Olivier Gillet stated that it is due to components shortage. Don’t take any announcement for granted.

1 Like

Dann! Means it could be even later. Does the world really needs more cellphones?
Just wondering.

I have 12 hp remaining in a (mostly) percussion-sound-design oriented small system. Should I get Plaits?

Absolutely!
Plonk is cool too.

1 Like

Yeah I have Plonk and Basimilus Itaritas Altar and am looking for a third, interesting voice.