MusicRadar readers' poll results are in

And they are certainly Elektron-heavy. Digitakt snagged the number one position in the drum machine category, closely followed by Octatrack at number three, and Analog Drive was voted the best new hardware effect. We're honored, and thank you all for your love!
19 Likes

A link to the article would be nice?

4 Likes

As they sell the products, I think it’s not objective.

@sezare56
Its user voted… which is usually tilts to most popular and affordability comes into play for sure but hey both digitakt and analog heat are dope, makes sense that they got voted best.

1 Like

Where are the results ? How many people voted ? Who voted ? How can you be sure it’s true ? So many ads…
Actually it’s not the Analog Heat, but the Drive. I’m a bit surprised, because the forums I know are very quite about it, and because the Heat seems much better.
I bought ADrive, will keep it, but I hope Heat I want too will be less noisy. (Not in Music Radar Cons)
Jack of all trades, not the best soundings but I wanted something like that, with very different presets, total midi control.

A view from the inside: MusicRadar is the online arm of Future PLC, the publishers of Future Music and Computer Music magazines, among many others. I have been writing (as a freelancer) for various Future PLC publications for over 15 years now - primarily Computer Music, but also MusicRadar and Future Music. In all that time and after many, many hundreds of articles, tutorials and reviews, I can honestly say that I have never gotten even the slightest whiff of impropriety or advertiser influence. I have never been asked to change anything negative I’ve written about any product I’ve reviewed or asked to include any specific products in a given article. In fact, I am always keen to include freeware over payware any time I can, and the editors have never dissuaded me from doing so. The staff I have dealt with have always been just like you and I - eager, excited musicians who love this stuff and who enjoy sharing their knowledge.

7 Likes

Thanks for you inside view. I still think it’s not objective, and that AH should be (obviously :smile:) the winner compared to AD.

2 Likes

Well, I would have picked AH (I love that thing!), but I think this was up to the readers…

2 Likes

MusicRadar always came across like the IGN of music tech to me. I guess that is just the way of online magazines and the drive for ad clicks these days. Maybe I just have nostalgia glasses for the Future Publishing of the 16-bit home format wars era :wink:

1 Like

Heat is pretty expensive, makes sense that it wouldn’t win in a numbers game Vs FX boxes half the price.

Yeah but that’s another reason why it’s not objective. :slight_smile:
In the picture above it funny how the AD is small (actually it’s the same depth as DT and OT).
Size is Music Radar Cons. :slight_smile:

Anyway I just played as Fx loop for OT as Fx loop, midi controlled. I want more. :wink: