Music Production for people not into Micro-Management

I record live jams to sdcard on my tx6, Bluebox or zoom l12 mixer recorder if I don’t feel like firing up my laptop and playing daw recording engineer. Then I edit the files later in Ableton or Logic. Works well since I can focus on jamming and having fun time with my synths.

1 Like

I agree with this bad mutherfukka right here.

Making music has infinite possibilities and variations. Make something till you get bored. If it’s really good to you, you will keep at it. If it’s stale to you, know that it came from you in the first place, so it can come back in a different form later. Your past influences your present.

There is no “chance” when creating. It’s all from you.

But also dealing with good tools is a requirement. I would say, use some really good packs if you’re tired of synthesis. If you go with good produced packs, they will already have mastering on them, then it is just gain staging that you really need.

1 Like

Nice approach! I’m the sane limit to 3 pieces of gear at one time. Lately that’s been my Virus TI2, Moog Sub 37 and Oberheim OB X8 in my main studio and my Elektrons in another room and Roland Boutiques in the office. This makes workload management easier to focus on the creative process. My mixers have EQ and compression to baseline mixes. Folks said my record output not in stereo so I’m taking measures to rectify that with better cables, mixer and audio testing and setup. I need to monitor with headphones.

1 Like