Music memes (Part 1)

I still have 2 STs. Not very excited about testing/using them nowโ€ฆ

2 Likes

A dry warmup swing:)

1 Like

I used a 1040 STe until 2002โ€ฆ paired with an Akaรฏ S2000.

7 Likes

I used STs from 1990-96, funnily enough some tracks that I made on them are being released by two different labels this year on vinyl, a ep and a double album.

12 Likes

13 Likes

Never stops

1 Like

More info please.

1 Like

19 Likes

Once everything is finalised Iโ€™ll post more details, donโ€™t wanna jinx it :laughing: Thanks for the interest though :+1:

About 12 tracks recorded between โ€˜92-โ€˜96 inc some that almost got signed to Warp back in 93 :sob:

12 Likes

13 Likes
1 Like

Short version, for reasons not entirely within my control.

Sad story bro :laughing:

We did have interest from Nova Mute and a few others (Rhythm King, Damon Dโ€™Cruz of Jack Trax fame) too, I was half of a duo, and was too easy to go with the flow when I was younger (21-24 years old) I was just in it for the music, and was too content to take a back seat about business decisions, totally my own fault for not being assertive enough.

Unfortunately bad decisions were made, sprinkled with some real bad luck, the death of a label boss, dodgy distributors, other shitty labels, and a few other things.

Net result was that we did not get paid for most of the tracks that got released and got tied up with shit contracts, and endless promises.

I donโ€™t regret anything really, it was what it was, it taught me a lot about the music industry and myself, from โ€˜96 I lost all interest in being part of the music industry and being in the duo. The story didnโ€™t end there though, but Iโ€™ll just say I work alone since then.

But the tracks themselves were ok for the time, it is nice that those that were unreleased will finally see the light of day, ironically these were most of my favourites and the ones that the labels mentioned above were interested in.

Once it goes ahead (one is being negotiated, the other going into production soon) Iโ€™ll post some links, it is kind of awkward for me to talk too much about it because of the other party involved, Iโ€™m not being cagey.

14 Likes

Thatโ€™s fascinating. And what a time to (almost) be involved with the Warp golden generation. Thanks for elaborating. I look forward to hearing the tracks. Good luck!

4 Likes

Sounds like my cup of tea.

Was that meme in response to the akai force getting a full linear arranger that exports to ableton sessions with the latest firmware?

Not really as such, though it is open to interpretation, but for me:

MPC - large, powerful.
DT - Fast, small, fun.
OT - does kessel run in less than 12 parsecs

18 Likes

And like the Millennium Falcon, the OT needs a lot of tender loving care to get the most out of it.

Or so Iโ€™ve heard. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

And like the Millennium Falcon, the damn thing breaks down when you need it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

โ€œitโ€™s not my fault!โ€

3 Likes

1-M9DdOG4DQZtRXf0YfE8Z6Q

5 Likes