Music making dilemma

Work with DT alone, and maybe feed it come things from Ableton Live Lite and YouTube and your FM radio. Try something like making all the sounds of track from a single sample copied across all 8 tracks. Little challenges like that. Keep it fun, and hold off from spending - you’ll give yourself too many options and not be any better off. Come back here once you’ve written 5 different patterns over the next week or two. Good luck!

(Also, @ everyone else, come on, it’s not very nice to take the piss out of someone imo)

1 Like

true…

1 Like

I recently purchased a bunch of gear (2 items which are immediately going back on sale for a loss :(…) -however, I got an Audiothingies P6 at a great price… this is a GREAT synth. Very easy to program despite its size. If you’re looking for something cheap I would go for the MicroMonsta 2 without hesitation.

1 Like

Nah, stick with Lite. Seriously, when times are tough, keep money for the most important things. Getting more gear / soft is not one of them. And as said before, DT is already plenty fun.

I was working with Ableton Live Lite 4 years. It is enough. There is 100 times more possibilities than on any gear that people used to write greatest hits 30 years back, including contemporary gear.

Over last 5 years I had bought Korg Electribe ea1, Moog Mother 32, Digitakt…
Then I sold everything and bought Octatrack and since then, during only this year I’ve made even more music then last 5 years altogether. But please don’t buy Octatrack, you won’t master it, not in one evening, not in one week, not in one month, only one year.

1 Like

Just wait. Do nothing. When the time is right you wont have to ask you will know.

1 Like