Multi-timbral subtractive synth for my setup

So far I have the following:

• Digitakt
  • Digitone
  • Dominion 1

So I’m covered in terms of sampling, FM and analog 3VCO monosynth. I don’t really need an analog/va poly or a modular but I want them hahaha. For costs reasons I think is better to find a poly before getting into the modular rabbit hole. I really like multi-timbrality so that’s one of my requisites, besides being “knobby” and if it’s a desktop unit, even better.

So I have the following options:

• Nord Lead A1R: I tried the keyboard version and I enjoyed its sound and simplicity. It seems discontinued but I can find a used one.
  • Nord Lead 4R: I haven’t tried it yet, but the fact that doesn’t have that nice chorus of the A1 already bothers me :P.
  • Studio Logic Sledge 2.0 black: Great interface and keybed, also has wavetable synthesis. Like a “Blofeld Lite” engine with nice interface although I would prefer a desktop unit and its multi-timbrality is just 2 (!)
  • System-8: Great interface and can emulate great synths from Roland. I didn’t like the keybed that much. There’s no desktop version and its multi-timbrality is just 2 :frowning:
  • Prophet-6 desktop: Sound amazing, great interface. Probably too expensive for me and not multitimbral (or maybe bi-timbral?)L
  • OB-6 desktop: Probably my favorite modern synth in terms of sound, grat interface. Like the Prophet, probably too expensive for me and not multitimbral (or maybe bi-timbral?)

What options am I missing? What are you using?

New or secondhand?
Budget?

1 Like

Pretty boring these days but a virus TI desktop could be an option

The other 10 million threads on this topic will be useful.

Blofeld.

Alternatively, get into eurorack. I have 6 voices in my Eurorack which I use with DT, DN, Pulse 2. My Blofeld is in the cupboard due to lack of space.

both

Around 800€ - 1200€.

All the other Nord Lead rack versions

Korg Radias-R

Novation SuperNova, Nova, KS Rack

DSI Prophet ‘08 & Rev 2 & Prophet 12 (all bitimbral)

Two A4 Mk1’s :slight_smile:

I already have a blofeld, then I bought a Novation KS (KS5). Boy… what an excellent synth for the price. Get KS rack if desktop module is your thing.

I’m getting an Access Virus B to save some money to get some eurorack hehehe.