Multi-Sample - Start Pos Locks / Value Jump

Hi there… I partially found discussion in an old thread on this… But the discussion was sort of off topic. There’s a few other chats that are older too, but just wanted to touch base again to see if this is possible; or if there’s some new work arounds…

VERY new to digitakt btw, but I’m pretty familiar with Elektron style so I’m far from lost! Can’t find this in the manual too, so I assume it’s not present…

The Thingo:

I’m keen to understand handy ways to increase no. of samples in digitakt beyond 128… Not fussed if I can’t, I’ll just accept it :slight_smile:… BUT there’s options that are super close to perfect, such as the one discussed below.

I’m currently testing loading up multiple samples in equally spaced chains of similar type. That way I can for e.g. load 8 kicks into one sample; or have a loop sliced up and placed in equally spaced intervals… Any minor RAM wasted doesn’t bother me.

I’d love a sample start jump function though (simliar to func+tune jumps to set values), which I’m kind of surprised isn’t present for sample start (in 1.11 BETA A6).

With equally spaced samples in a single sample, you could jump to e.g. 0-15-30-45-60… etc (60 being halfway into an imported sample). e.g. load 8 kicks in a row exported at perfect intervals (and length): boom --> 0 = first kick; 15 = second kick; etc.

I’d love elektron to incorporate param jumps like this! In fact why stop there, as there’ll be other things people could use on other settings too I’m sure, so how about üser defined parameter jump via func key?!.. in settings somewhere… like a list / table with “FUNC+blah”= (then user selects value)… I’m sure there’s a bunch of work in that, but the capability is there already (which is a great starting point!).

If this can’t be done, I’m not sure if I’ll bail on this approach, or maybe I’ll just accept the fiddly set up with p-locks per track when writing?!

Thoughts? Any other workarounds??

Oh - and first post 4 me :smiley: Many good reads on here prior to posting this…! Thanks in advance!

1 Like