Multi map causing frustration

I’m literally going crazy because can’t figure out why I’m having issues with multi map

This is my setting why is it interfering with my program changes for pattern change coming from ableton?

I’ve put program change channel in to : channel 16 to completely seperate it from the auto channel

It’s dead set starting to do my head in to many hours spent on multi map and it not working

Please help!

It keeps jumping to the pattern selected in the photo A01 or whatever is selected in this row
Could it be because of a port config or channel setting?

There is no point splitting transpose and pattern play to different entry’s
As they both control the same thing

Maybe I have a faulty unit or it’s due to the latest OS because
One affects the other :roll_eyes:

Yes your unit is faulty. Send it to me! :slight_smile:

You don’t need 3 threads to talk about it if you don’t listen other answers.
Transpose only won’t work if you don’t set PATTERN > CUR.
With A01 setting, it will recall A01, which is absolutely normal / logical.

1 Like

because you’ve programmed the map to do this with pattern inc = 0 ?

and please try to use existing threads when possible

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

1 Like

Yeah you are right but wasn’t sure if should continue on my old thread or not really appreciated the help just didn’t want to continue bothering same people .

Trust me I did listen and tried everything that was suggested
I did work out that it needed to be on cur,

but it still won’t work transpose and pattern change at same time.

Try again then. :slight_smile:
Cannot work without CUR.
You need a CUR. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Think I’m having a mental breakdown because of cur and multi map lol

1 Like

Remember this thread?
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/changing-patterns/

It may help!

2 Likes

Ok I will know for next time, I’ve sent an email to Elektron for help but waiting on a reply.

I’ve managed to get transpose and pattern change to work in multi map…

The reason of the frustration and being confused was because…

The pattern change note has to be placed a 16th note before the end of the bar to make it change
Transpose works instantly pattern change does not…

If you place the transpose midi note and pattern change midi note on the first beat it does weird pitch changes the patterns don’t fire correctly…

I was aware of program change delay but not this…
It must be something to do with latency

I really don’t understand your problem. You instruct the machine to direct jump to pattern A01 (PAT. PLAY / A01) and transpose it - and the machine does exactly what it should do.

If you don’t want it to jump to A01 use PATTERN=CUR. It will still direct jump to the beginning of the actual pattern tough.

And, of course, the pattern change (PC) needs to be send a while before the end of the pattern (while the direct jump triggered by the multimap executes immediately).

I guess the weird pitch changes are because your PC interferes with the direct jump. When you use both at almost the same time it jumps twice to the start of the new pattern.

1 Like

I have just got it to work I was setting it up properly :partying_face:, I needed to place the pattern midi notes earlier to stop the weird pitch behaviour I read elsewhere that only program change had to be fired earlier not multi map for pattern changes

1 Like

Yes and it So confusing because it was changing the pitch…
that’s why I was like why is my pattern midi changing the pitch
It must be configured wrong but it wasn’t

In a way it IS configured WRONG, because you demand it to jump twice to the start of the pattern. Once with the PC sequentially at the end of the pattern and once with the PAT. PLAY/Direct Jump from the multi map.

Correctly configured you wouldn’t need the Program Change at all, but you’ll need an entry in the multimap for each pattern you want to jump to (directly or sequentially) with N keys (N==number of transpose variants you want).

1 Like

There is no way to turn off the pattern setting in the transpose entry you have to set it to current or a pattern…
At least now putting it a 16th before it is possible to jump through patterns and transpose a track at the same time! Not possible with program changes because they are only sequential…