Multi-layered samples drumming pads

I’m curious to know if a device with physical pads triggering multi-layered samples according the velocity exists in this world.
I can’t seem to find it although there are plenty in software.

It seems to be quite a basic for one who is looking for a realistic drumming.
Please let me know if you know such a beast especially if finger drumming is possible on it.

PS: please spare me machines doing it amongst many other duties as i am looking for a drumpad not a MPC. I also heard about Koka’s but it is not out and i’m in search of something that exists :wink:

I use this:

https://www.strikemultipad.com/

You can layer two sounds per a pad

Not sure if it’s still in production - Store | Mandala Drum

I was more thinking like 127 samples per pad :sweat_smile:

Then you need software bro :rofl:

2 Likes

Hence my OP…

The mandala drum is doing it though but out of stock.

Edit: it seems u need a computer attached to use it… garbage.

1 Like

I have an old one that I can’t get to work. Interested?

Did it ever work standalone?

Yeah it did work at one time. Somewhere along the way I must have messed up the software/samples associated with it. DM me shipping address and if you’ll pay posting I’ll send it to ya

1 Like

Where are you based at?

Maine USA

Yamaha Multi12 can layer four sounds by velocity. So can the DrumKat controller.

1 Like

I used an MPC1000 as a sound module with a DrumKat for years. MPC is still my favorite device for layering samples.

4 Likes

Easiest thing to do is use your pad controller of choice with a laptop running the soft-sampler you like.

IIRC EMU E-Synth was the only hardware sampler that let you have unlimited midi layers… but you’re going to have to deal with 64mb of RAM and programming it with the LCD.

I’m looking for a standalone device - no laptop for me.

That combo is probably the most programable set up out there. Both are deep dives.

The Roland Octapads are strictly built in sounds but I’ve heard drummers using them and getting pretty decent dynamics.

MPC 4000 can do 4 layers on each pad, and they can have different velocity settings…

Things that can handle multisamples, like Blackbox 1010 + a drum pad midi controller might be an option too?