Hey guys, maybe someone can help me out here. I’m thinking about a Blofeld + Linnstrument combo for my next major purchase. I’d like to sequence the Blofeld from the Octatrack and play it with the Linnstrument at the same time. However, I don’t know the MIDI side of the OT very well, so I’m not sure if this routing would work:
- Routing: LinnStrument > Octatrack > Blofeld
- Octatrack auto channel set to 9, all audio track receive channels set to OFF
- 8 MIDI tracks sending on channels 1-8
- Blofeld in multi mode receiving on 1-8
- LinnStrument preset 1: send on channel 9 for live-recording into the sequencer
- LinnStrument preset 2: send on channels 4-8 for playing the Blofeld in a hacky approximation of MPE
Basically—if I send a MIDI message on channel 4, will the Octatrack route it through to channel 4 on the Blofeld automatically? And if the OT is recording and I send messages on channel 4, will it record that to the appropriate MIDI track even if it’s not the active track?