MS-20 *ThumP* (with audio)

I sent this to the retailer (wrong test performed) and Korg (will do it, but no fbk yet)
play the lowest key with vco1 at full and then minimum on the same take
hold for a second in both cases - and be sure to set the sustain and release at 10 + 2 - and follow other settings to keep the comparison valid
i’ll use the loud part to normalise the recordings and compare thumps
thanks

try to follow exactly - easy enough, just needs a bit of gain reduction probably on the record side
Thanks again

Just tested a Mini in store today and the thump was very loud, just like your example.

The problem is i had an Ms20 mini before and i sold it to get the Minilogue. Big mistake cause i just dont like the Minilogue (worst analog ever imo)
Anyway the thing is my Ms20 mini i had did not have the thump… not at all. Sure it was noisy but i was ok with that. the thump … im really not sure.
It seams its not all the unit cause mine was just fine , unfortunately i sold it.

I like the Ms20 so much i might buy thr Ms20 kit.

it’s a fine fine instrument and thankfully for me wonderful enough to excuse the irritation - like a dripping tap, you soon tune it out, I wonder to what extent there is an element of ‘awareness’ as well as ‘difference’ … that there are slight differences I am in no doubt - glad I made peace with it

OK ! :slight_smile:

Yeah the ms20m with PWM and switchable hz/v v/oct is definitely king of the bunch!