MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

May I ask what makes you prefer the black one? The Retro looks gorgeous to me, though the black is maybe more utilitarian and in a way looks a bit more serious. And the lit up text is a nice touch.

Philosophically, I 100% agree with you! But in this case, the seller has had this thing in a box pretty much since he bought it in late 2020 so I worry that an 18 month long hiatus may have damaged the battery already.

:yawning_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d throw it in the gutter , and go buy another

1 Like

I bought the Retro for the same reason, I love the look of it. Iā€™ve just found in day to day use I gravitated more towards the black oneā€¦ it feels/looks more robust and Iā€™ve probably been less conscious about it getting beat up/well used.
Also, the back lights make a differenceā€¦ I much prefer them on the black.

I have an MPC X too, I really like that the more Iā€™ve used it, but it gets 20-30% of the use that my Live 2 gets.

1 Like

Unfortunately a brush is a losing battle with the MPC. It does an okay job. But the tackiness just holds the dust.

PLEASE AKAI: make a non rubberized case. Charge what you willā€¦I WILL buy it. The rubber is awful. I try to keep it clean as best I can. And with constant cleaning you start getting shiny spots, that somehow remain sticky.

2 Likes

I had the same thought. I could see myself decorating a black one with stickers and stuff. A Retro Edition Iā€™d probably treat more like a precious bonsai tree.

one great thing about the retro models , even when beat up they look good

1 Like

Donā€™t worry about the batteryā€¦ you can buy replacements, but besides that, it is a mpcā€¦ And a very popular oneā€¦ mpc has pretty much the most accessories of any instrument everā€¦ and a huge 3rd party companies followingā€¦ it is pretty much guaranteed that there will always be atleast some kind of battery option available if not the official onesā€¦ but they are not going anywhereā€¦

2 Likes

I got lucky and caught a gold one. Non rubberized, so not tacky. At all.
I call it ā€œCliveā€.

5 Likes

the retros arenā€™t rubbery either, I had a rubbery black one thoughā€¦pfffft

ā€œCliveā€
appropriate :grin:

I think youā€™re only allowed to make bangers on the gold ones haha, thatā€™s a lot of pressure

2 Likes

I have a Force and a Live 2 retro. I use the live the most, largely because of the battery and the faster workflow. But I really really want to love my Force. The clip matrix setup is so powerful that I must dedicate more time to it as Iā€™ve never found a way to play a set on the Live that isnā€™t heavily pre planned.

You obviouly know more than me! My knowledge pretty much stops at custom battery packs for RC stuff :slight_smile:

For those of you who would like to try the Force OS on their MPC Lives, TheKikGen has a entirely unobtrusive way to run the Force software on the MPC from a USB stick. No installation required.

3 Likes

Even the clip programs on the MPC have a bit more flexibility than the Force in many ways, as you can edit the mute groups freely. The Force is still the better fit for me overall, but I donā€™t want to give up my MPC One. At the same time having the MPC One going into the Force just feels too redundant, but maybe I should try it just in case it turns my life around.

Did you try it? Was it worth your time?

:clown_face:

Mpc one just arrived :slight_smile:

Just canā€™t work out the firmwareā€¦. I thought 2.1 was the most recent?! Am I going mad?

3 Likes

2.10 is the most recent version at the time of writing (not to be confused with 2.1)

2 Likes

2.10 is the most recent. 2.11 is coming next monthšŸ„³

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Iā€™m an idiot. It is Friday. Thatā€™s my excuse lol.

1 Like