MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

Sorry, I misread your post. It is not possible to record audio (looper/audio track) in MIDI slave. Only the sampler will work.

1 Like

sometimes itā€™s difficult to not do everything in the world to a beat and just leave it aloneā€¦
restraint can be an art form in itself that is often rewarding

3 Likes

Try this! The arrow points to the Browse -button.

Sorry, but Iā€™ve tried that already. Itā€™s nice but I would hardly call it insane.

2 Likes

yeah itā€™s far from insane but after watching I took it completely different like itā€™s really about when a simple beat should remain soā€¦ doing anything more would have messed that beat upā€¦ I liked it

1 Like

Yeah, my comment was a crude joke about trying the browse button.

Havenā€™t watched the video as Iā€™m currently working at my book shop and the shop is filled with people. Iā€™ll watch it tonight and probably learn a bunch of new things from it.

1 Like

no you wonā€™t (and thatā€™s not a bad thing) :slight_smile: he just reversed a sample but what I liked was that he resisted doing a bunch of stuff to it, it just needs a good MC on it and nothing else really. Youā€™re not missing anythingā€¦

re: the try this arrow :grin:

Question, what are you guys thoughts on the flavor pro plugin, quality and stand alone use?

I really like it, especially as itā€™s a standalone VST as well as the Akai plugin, that makes it way more useful for me.
As far as colouration plugins go for tape/vinyl sim, saturation, etc, itā€™s up there. Itā€™s great for subtle tweaks on your sounds for resampling/recording.

Iā€™ve got XLNā€™s RC20 too, which is great and comparable. RC20 feels ā€˜cleanerā€™ and more modern sounding IMO. I think Flavor Pro pips it for lofi-ness.

1 Like

I like RC-20 as well, but I thought having something like this on the mpc itself might be nice to abuse creatively if the quality was good enough.

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely a good onboard addition to the MPC/Force.

2 Likes

I bought the MPC Instrument Collection a few days ago for a low price, and they are a great addition. Yesterday I started a trial for the Mini D and the Flavor Pro plugin. The Mini D is nice but not worth ā‚¬79,-.

Normally I use my SP-404 MKII for the additional Lo-Fi FX but Flavor Pro can also do a lot of them. The Flavor Pro is really good, I definitely will buy this one.

2 Likes

A few months ago I bought the flavor pro plugin and I really like it. Iā€™ve only used it in standalone mode and no issues so far. Much better than the normal free flavor plugin. Itā€™s great for adding some pitch wobble, coloring and gritty textures to your sounds. I like that it has different modules with many editable parameters. The master mix, eq, intensity width options are also useful. Just my opinion, but I think the presets are not that good

2 Likes

I demoed it but went for RC20 instead for the DAW. In standalone, Flavor is good enough for me as I try to avoid getting into nitty gritty mixing.

1 Like

I only used it once, cycled through some presets and all of a sudden my finger drumming kit made of samples from GG Allinā€™s seminal masterpiece Die when you die sounded awesome.
Iā€™ll definitely use it more in the future.

1 Like

Total shot in the dark here but has anyone heard anything about Akai improving the looper?
The big thing itā€™a missing for me is stop-in-sync

1 Like
1 Like

Supposedly evidence of an MPC One Mk2 doing the rounds on other MPC groups at the momentā€¦

4 Likes

This looks like the MPC One to me. :thinking:

1 Like

Just hoping it will be battery operatedā€¦.

2 Likes