MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

oh that sucks man hopefully things get better in the future. Though it’s much more likely our prices will creep up to match if anything

@orion I didn’t realise the screen was on a back plate like that. Someone modded the force with a tilt screen which is quite cool. I guess it would be pretty easy in the live too if someone braved it

Too true, I used to have an 8-output expander that I would swap between an 2KXL and an S2000, and I was forever moving RAM sticks around. Also a SCSI > IDE adapter that I transferred between an S5000 and a Yamaha A4000 more times than I care to recall.

I’m not going to claim it was more convenient than popping an SD card in and out, but whipping out a screwdriver and poking around the innards of a sampler was all part of the job and part of the fun.

Putting an SSD into my Force was, sadly, not as much fun.

2 Likes

Is The Vault 2.0 included with Live 2? Didn’t have this in my MPC One.

I think it is, from memory… it should be available when you register the Live 2 online.

1 Like

I definitely got The Vault with my MPC One - just double-checked and it’s under Essential Sound Libraries in the downloads list on my account. As I recall using it involved installing it to the MPC software, after which I was able to open the containing folder and copy stuff to my SD card - it was a while ago, but I remember it being a bit less long-winded than the official export route.

1 Like

It was included in the MPC One.

1 Like

Does anyone thing bluetooth audio is likely to be implemented on Live 2 at any stage?
I assume there would be latency, but seems like a natural extension of the ‘no wires’ thing that the Live 2 is so good at. It would be pretty great to sit and bash out beats straight to bluetooth earbuds.

1 Like

Is there some trick to play different midi channels per pad?
I’d love to do some finger drumming using the kits from the Syntakt…

Answer: Midi Control Mode.

2 Likes

I’d LOVE this. Perfect when you’re in the mixing/arrangement phases when latency matters very little.

1 Like

Well, I finally got my very first MPC! It really does too much and it looks like there is going to be a pretty steep learning curve, but I am excited :-). Anyone have any tutorial recommendations? Reading the entire manual is like reading the entire manual for photoshop or something, don’t think it is the best way to learn it…

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is just the original live with the goopy finish… the live 2 finish is different, I don’t think it will break down like that.

2 Likes

Congrats! Take your time & enjoy the process! :slight_smile:

In terms of tutorials, you’ve got TubeDigga with his excellent channel on YouTube and/or if you want the definite guide, the MPC Bible is very good:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Welcome to the club. Ask any time!

Look foor “tubedigga” on YT, I found his tutorials very helpful to get to know my (first) mpc Live 2, and to get used to the “mpc-paradigm”.

1 Like

I wish they’d bring forward the 2.11 release… we live in an age where waiting weeks for an announced firmware update is inhumane.

2 Likes

I agree, but I think they will announce the MPC keyboard version and they probably have this firmware specifically addressing some of the needs of that hardware, so they don’t want to reveal too much prior to that release. Just speculating.

3 Likes

Given some of the added features in 2.11, I’m almost certain that it will be that :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will check it out. Man that MPC Live II vs Octatrack made the Octatrack look ancient.