MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

It’s OK, I won’t tell nobody. :shushing_face:

Tell ‘em what?

properly said: “I won’t tell anyone” :+1:t6:

I frequently forget that my desktop pc has a touch screen, that’s how little I touch it. Sat there with a dead mouse and no battery one time thinking “man I’m in a real fuckin pickle right now, how am I going to finish what I was doing” trying to figure out if I could remember how to alt and tab my way around the problem.

To the subject of drive space though, I think the issue is probably for the person who has not just content but several years worth of projects on super heavy use with that as their only device and I still can’t see it being an issue. For me at least, even if I was in that position.

3 Likes

It’s was a joke, but thanks for the grammar lesson I guess.

1 Like

another issue im having with Pad Perform: playing chords [as im shit with actually playing chords] on some pads…the chord changes. with this chords set on pad 11 it’ll play G and then intermittently play D. im sure thats not expected behavior.

again, its got to be something im doing. im just not sure what.
bug or user error?

What I miss the most about the older MPCs I have owned is basically the separate outs and on the software side, the elegance of AkSys.
In any other regard (swing, sound, timing) my MPC One is as good as the older ones.
In many other aspects, I think it’s even superior (UI, features, interconnectivity, etc.).

1 Like

maybe I’m missing something but what happened to february?

2 Likes

March is the new February.

3 Likes

There might be some voice stealing happening there.
Are you playing complex chords (more than just triads) triggering internal synths?

Ah, right! :wink::+1:t6:

Thank you

Just curious if anyone has successfully managed to hook up their teeny weeny Roland S-1 to the MPC using USB?

I was wanting to just use the midi over usb from MPC > S-1 and then physically plug the audio into the Live 2’s audio inputs but whatever I do I get a horrific usb noise that sounds as though it’s feeding back. Have tried all the logical settings on both machines but I wonder if it’s just a weird implementation of USB midi on the S-1?

It works perfectly using old fashioned midi and audio but was just curious if there’s a way of cutting down on cablesalat a little.

1 Like

Yeah not a huge fan of touch screens but they have to evolve, I prefer scrolling and dialling in with the big chunky knob like on the old mpcs. Using the q-knobs doesn’t feel right for me.

1 Like

Keep using them until they feel natural. They help to speed up your work-flow. You’re gonna have to make the conscious effort to override your common way of doing it for like a week or so. Or not. It your device & your precious time. Do as you will.

4 Likes

agree about the Q links. Feels odd at first, becomes second nature after some time. Even the page tabbing for the different sets of QLinks. I was naturally pressing shift to scroll left instead of right to get to some pages faster after a week or so of regular use.

haha i also caved and got a key 37, 2gb ram and all :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I too am compelled to reiterate that using the Q-Links is key, and they are only as foreign as the time you don’t spend mastering them. Indeed, the primary reason to choose hardware over software these days is tactility. To which end, developing fluency with a given piece of hardware is no different than learning to play any instrument. Force yourself to use them, and before you know it, you won’t even have to think about it anymore.

I also highly recommend mastering the shift functions and pad shortcuts.

It’s a whole lot easier than learning to play the violin, I reckon.

:wink:

Cheers!

9 Likes

Oh my word, that’s a blast from the past. AkSys was a complete game changer for me after years and years of loading samples via a floppy disk drive!

1 Like

I’m using the chonky jog wheel from mpcstuff, I like it a lot better than the basic pinch and turn data knob. You can actually thumb turn on top to do a real jog as opposed to “dialing”. They call it the “XL style tall black jog data wheel”.

6 Likes

Nice, I have to look into it if I get a MPC again.

you could also wear it on a chain.

5 Likes

Yeah rock like Flav

2 Likes