MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

It should be digital-sounding analog, a true 24bit 96khz lofi machine

@Strangelov3 damn 3 grand that’s outrageous. Are all the gear prices high over there? yeah most people don’t really need an X but it’s awesome to have. I think it’s really cool that they haven’t nerfed features through the range. I’d get on fine with a one or a live too. All the labelling is fine the UI hasn’t really changed to that extent as far as I know

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Put that in a box immediately.

6 Likes

I’m interested to hear if and how people are using their MPC to play live. I’m sure people have many different approaches so maybe your techniques and setup will help me improve my workflow.

Edit: Perhaps I can add, can you improvise a live set on an MPC?

Perfect question for @CCMP!

Sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

I changed my workflow to Octatrack, I didn’t like the latency of the looper.
But the idea was good, and I did enjoy.
Another reason I love my OT, is that it’s less blinky, less screen, less dust, more unpredictability
Many reasons to hate my OT though.
But the looping workflow is amazing, I still love my OT for this, The iPad app Loopy pro is also very good for this.

Just got the Live 2. This thing is massive! And yes, I can already tell it’s going to be a dust magnet. I do like the buttons though, they’re still clicky but much more discrete than the One. Much more compatible with a sleeping wife. :blush:

5 Likes

My past experience has been…trying to take that stuff off with alcohol just makes a mess.

It’s worse than it looks. It’s goopy, and can’t help but feel like it’s gotta be sorta toxic.

WTF is wrong with metal or even just plain ol plastic. This silicon crap is just that.

All these horror stories make me happy that I picked One instead.

The only thing I really hate about One physically is that you are not able to see button labels in the dark. That orange light shoots straight into your eyes through that clear plastic. These buttons look cool and kinda vintage but it would be ten times better if they were black and had labels on them.

1 Like

I suspect it’s TPE, not silicone, but I’m just guessing. Fwiw, neither is toxic.

I’m sure it’s safety approved…still ‘feels’ toxic.

All I know is…it’s not naturally grown or produced. So it’s safe now, till years from now they find it permeates the skin and causes cancer.

Whether that ever happens…still feels gross :face_vomiting:
Makes using it less enjoyable.

I think this pseudo rubber thing has been there since the 70s. I’ve seen that shit in car interiors from the 80s and the 90s. I remember my dads car with that sticky, yucky goo on the front panel, switches, handles and so on. By now, they would have known it causes cancer. But I kind of agree, it causes mental cancer because of that frustration when it makes still perfectly good old things unusable :crying_cat_face:

They are still trying to decide if plastic causes cancer, now that micro plastics are found in humans at the cellular level. It is ACTUALLY still trying to be determined what effects plastic in yours CELLS had, whether its bad or not. My guess is, when all is said and done, it probably is.
So…tho the argument for time sounds good, the science may still be up in the air. Plastic has been around a LOT longer than this rubberized coating. Tho I would imagine it was more toxic in the 70s.

How long did it take for smoking to be deemed harmful. I mean right out the gate, how would one even THINK anything other than oxygen going into the lungs is good.

3 Likes

I think i would take case off,sand it down to the plastic,give couple of coats of modelling paint……or something less toxic ]]

Tbh just using electronic gear is not particularly healthy……]

1 Like

No doubt. :slight_smile:

Maybe turn it in with the flippant, unfounded and unthoughtful references to cancer.

2 Likes

Question - when in drum program edit I can select all pads and then edit a parameter such as filter cutoff. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem possible to assign said filter cutoff for all the pads to a q-link for live performance. Is there a way around this?

Has to be made by a hipster company, not a established decades long brand.

Like some companies get called out because their gear does too much lol