MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

I have it also. Sure it’s very powerful. But it is not documented and the UI is not well designed with all these tabs. It’s not easy for “beginners”. It reminds me the Kronos. The kind of powerful machine you can be reluctant to use. I hope that Akai/Air will make short term efforts to improve this.

After a few weeks of vacation, I got back into bedside MPC production in the last couple of evenings and really enjoying it. Tried the MC-101 too but it really doesn’t work for me for anything besides pretty presets.

Haven’t stumbled on any nasty new bugs yet, but sadly noticing that many minor QoL improvements are still missing. Example: when going back into the piano roll, it resets the selected Automation parameter to Velocity rather than remembering the one I just edited. Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I really wish Akai would prioritize fixing some of these things in a future update.

Loving the Probability feature and found a great use for it with a 16th note hi hat that keeps increasing its intensity as the song progresses, from 70% to 95% probability. Clever, simple implementation in the piano roll.

Looking forward to exploring the new amp sim and lofi effects next.

4 Likes

Yeah some QOL stuff would be great. It is sooooooooo anoying that whenever I go back to sample edit the pad is set to all and if I accidently hit a pad before selecting a pad number it messes up all my chops for some reason.

1 Like

Agreed. OPx-4 is just a joy to use. So much programming capabilities.

Lately loving the Fabric XL.

Op4 takes a while to figure out how it all works, but once you figure it all out, it is actually very well laid out… one day it will just click and you will get it.

Following up on an earlier post, here’s how this tune turned out after some more work on it. This is 100% MPC using the built-in synths.

7 Likes

It really does!

Once there are a few guides about it, the masses will atleast appreciate this beauty of a FM Synth more.

hi
i’ve seen somewhere that mpc software requires iLok for activation. is it required though if i’m not planning to use mpc one as a controller, just standalone? is it gonna be required for some kind of updates, activation, uploading plugins or samples?

thanks

Not required for standalone, only for the PC/Mac software. Not sure how it works with the standalone instruments, I know they have serial numbers you register on the device (for the new paid-for instruments, ie the FM synth, Fabric XL etc).

1 Like

No ilok needed for the new MPC Instruments like Fabric XL, etc.

1 Like

Anybody know if you buy the MPC Keys with the new plugins included, can they be used on your other mpcs?

yes, up to three devicea .

2 Likes

I have an issue that’s really bugging me. When I place a kick sample in a 4/4 pattern and mute the pad, when I unmute the pad the first hit is always a little bit quiet. Anybody know what might be going on??

Do you have any kind of effects in your signal chain? Compressor etc? Does the same thing happen if you create a new/completely empty project?

Nothing, it’s the same in a brand new project. If I place it on step 2 then it’s fine. If I nudge it forward, the further I nudge it the less pronounced the volume reduction. I suspect this is a bug…

Ouch, yeah it does sound like a bug. Have you tried the good ol’ reboot?

Yep. Annoying.

Please report it to Akai if you can. I’ve been reporting bugs when I see them too. They have a laundry list of fixes to do after 2.11.3’s release

2 Likes

Yep!

Can confirm it as well.

Makes it a pretty good deal.

2 Likes

Nice…well, now I have to decide if I should buy the plugins or if I should just buy the keyboard and “save” money (heavy quotes on that one :slight_smile:).