MPC Replacing the Machinedrum Sequencer

My setup right now : Analog Four & Machinedrum MKII UW

loving it, but theres ONE major limitation. The Machinedrum cannot be UNQUANTISED, which is huge for me as (personnally) although i think being able to quantise drums is a plus, proper drum breaks always have some unquantised components. (yes i like hip hop)

I have some tedious workarounds, for the sampling side, for example; upload samples to the +drive that have a bit of silence at the beginning. Also using intricate swing patterns that are different on every track.

My current idea is to get an MPC to send midi to the MD and sequence it with all the groove in the world. This would also give me velocity sensitivity and the possibility of resampling the MD in live, and going crazy combining breaks w/ patterns w/samples etc. Does anyone have any experience doing this? any models of mpc best for this? Let me know why a certain MPC would be better than the other.

If you have any alternative suggestions that you have experience with, to give the machinedrum maximum groove, let me know!

(yes… i know… the OT… but… $$$)

don’t buy the OT for this as it is really bad if you just wanna bang out a beat and overdub. (multiple shortcomings here)

I have a midi looper and and the quneo pads for this - but honestly cant wait for the MPC live for just this purpose… used my old MPC1000 like you intend and it works a charm

1 Like

If the new MPCs can have step by step parameter changes it’s over. Taking my Elektrons all over the place with this. New levels of musical intricacy <3

Mpc 1k is perfect for this, lots of them 2nd hand.

I would wait for MPC Live.
I wait for MPC Live. I sold my old MPC 2500 for a Pyramid, and it permit to open the closed MD sequencer.
The MPC Live will permit to open the closed space of my studio.