MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

As anyone else had internal error. Keeps happening after about 5 to 10 mins of use. Tryed contacting akai but they don’t respond. Only 5 months old but as I brought it off someone is not covered by akai warranty, which seems crazy

Maybe re-install the firmware?

1 Like

Tryed that. Took my hard drive out and everything. I deffo think it’s hard ware related. I don’t even think I can downgrade the firmware to try that

I’ve gotten it once since I’ve updated but only on a shutdown.

I seem to be getting it every 10 mins. Sending it back to the seller. Tryed everything

I has the issue once as well, but every 10 minutes sounds like a nightmare :unamused:
I hope you’ll be able to work out some kind of refund !

Yeah.the seller is picking it up and taking it back to the shop he brought it from.just hope they exchange it and don’t try and fob him off saying it’s ok

Hope that all will be sorted out and you don’t have to wait long

Me to. Gonna miss it and I ain’t even got me mpc live as I sold it last weekend

1 Like

The price on the MPC Live just dropped to $999 at all of the usual US retailers. I wonder if it means anything? At any rate, it might be too much to resist at this price.

1 Like

That’s what I paid with a sale. Worth it IMO

2 Likes

I caved in and ordered one. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Beware. It tooks me few weeks to gel with it. But now I find it very good when used for its goal…
Coming from Elektron is always a kind of break when you meet other paradigm for a same tool (drum machine, synth or sampler), exception made of Cirklon ergonomy which is one of best I met. When Elektron addicted, learning other interface often give the sensation of slow working or lack of ergonomy.
Even if in the MPC Live, the ergonomy is a pain, it’s a must have when not having computer.
Havfun

3 Likes

MPC live 2 maybe? When Akai does a price drop something is on its way.

I remember the 2000XL MCD edition was 1699US for so long then it dropped to 1299US two months before the 2500 came out at 1899US.

1 Like

Still same price in Europe though

Maybe to pair with Looming MPC version 3 fw update?

1 Like

Price has dropped a little on UK from looks of things. Not quite to the original £799 this was marketed at though but close.

I suspect they’re doing a behringer and have reached a key efficiency or point in life cycle. Either that or some sort of FX influence

Been keeping an eye on it last few months and it’s stayed at £835

Wasn’t it marketed at £599 when first announced?

Def £799 and then it was whacked up to £949 about 2 weeks before release. I’ve still got my email chat with Red Dog Music as I had pre-ordered one which the kindly honoured the original price with.

In any event, the $999 was too good to pass up. I waited a bit to see if maybe the MPC-X might also drop in price, but when it didn’t, I swallowed the hook for the MPC Live. I am excited to give it a go. In all my 40-odd years of electronic music, I have never actually owned an MPC (I do have a battered Linn 9000). I hope I dig it.

5 Likes