MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

that’s a bummer! thanks for the swift reply.

Here it is, you should be able to see the settings on each page and later all the automation lanes.

4 Likes

Yea. I gotta say. For what this is, and can do, it’s pretty cool. It’s a lot of fun.

And you can unplug it from the wall and work anywhere. Love it right now

This update has opened up a lot liveliness to my tracks in a unexpected way. I wouldn’t quite put it up there with Elektron p-locking but there are endless possibilities just with the insane amount of options that are available. Every synth, sample and fx parameters can be automated. It’s freaking amazing!

2 Likes

Is anyone using 2.6 for CC automating a lot of outboard MIDI gear? Interested to know how the MIDI CC performance is like… Once I have time to get back to the MPC, this is going to be my first priority.

1 Like

Wow, thanks a lot, I’ll get to trying it as soon as I get off work :star_struck:

You just described my sound design process… Besides, the talent resides also in recognizing good sounds coming out of experimentation, doesn’t it ? :wink:

I wanted automation lanes since the first time I made music with the MPC, and this update is finally opening up the machine to endless possibilities as Geneoart eloquently put it, I never thought Akai would provide us access to everything including Sends & Inserts but I think the way they implemented automation lanes is actually quite clever.
I still need to test ALS export but if it’s usable, it will be a very welcome bonus :hugs:

1 Like

you COULD put the MPC Live into controller mode, and use the MPC software as plugin in Live to direct the midi signal (from USB to MPC software) to your drum racks in Ableton Live. Would that be an option for you?

2 Likes

Huh, didn’t know that was possible. Have you tried it?
Will check it out.

yes have done it/doing it.

You set up a midi track in Ableton and add the MPC plugin (software). Make sure that your MPC Live is connected to your laptop via USB and that you’ve switched it to controller mode. Open the plugin inside Live and set it to “Midi Control” Mode (click on the little triangle on top bar next to the Track Mute Icon and choose the Midi Control Mode there).

Now set up another midi track in Ableton and load the drum kit you want to use. Set the MIDI IN to “MPC Live (MPC Live Public)”, arm that MIDI track and voila, you’re good to go.

You may have to switch the pad bank to reach the midi notes that trigger your drum kit, usually Ableton’s drum racks sit on pad bank C. Alternatively, you can just change the notes that the MPC Live transmits on pad bank A in the MPC software (in the Midi control setting)…just pitch it up by I think two octaves and it should be a match :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Everything works as advertised! I used a stylus to draw the modulation performance. So much fun!!!

5 Likes

Today on the ableton beta.

3 Likes

What does this support involve?

2 Likes

can mpc live do chromatic time stretching? as in play a one shot chromatically without altering the speed? maschine cant do it without stretching and mapping each sample individually, bit long

Yea Similar issue with the MPC. You’ll have to do it in clip mode where you’ll assign the sample to each clip slot then alter it to your liking.

Yes it can be done by pressing the Warp option which also works for other modes other than clip mode…

2 Likes

That’s great!!! That’s in program mode with 16 levels set to tune? It’s not possible in key group program.

You can both make use of warping globally of a program by turning the tempo of a sequence up or down w/o affecting pitch, or you can do it per pad in 16 levels tuning by playing pitched pad sounds without altering tempo. Massive experimentation potential :slight_smile:

Edit: and the shitty warp algorithm kinda makes it sound like s950 fuckery.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not in keygroups, it would be great though…

Yep i was talking about drum programs…

1 Like